2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fueld injector wiring

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM
brownrx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fueld injector wiring

I replaced the intake manifold this past weekend with another stock one after messing on a simple thermostat replacment. Anyway, after getting it all back together I'm not exactly sure what order the connectors go back on the injectors. A picture of both sides of the engine would be fantastic. It's a 5.2 liter. Or if no pic is avail a very good discription or troubleshooting method would be awesome. Thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
ophidia
Captain

I just did my intake this past weekend. My wiring just sort of fell in place so you could tell which connector hooks up to which injector. There were also marked with a label (that looked factory) showing which connector corresponded to which cylinder. I also marked them with masking tape.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I rebuilt my engine I didn't bother to mark the injectors. The harness will lay across the top of the engine in the proper order as the copper wiring forms a memory from having been there since the truck was assembled. The injector plugs will be in the proper location, so just lay it out and you're gold.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:10 PM
brownrx
Default injector wiring

if anyone could tell me the labling order of the injectors that would help if all I have to do is match up to the firing order. I agree, when I took the manifold off the copper had a memory but over a week of milling around in there, they've lost their memory and I lost mine too! lol...anyway,, any tips would be awesome. thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 PM
ophidia
Captain

Mine were labeled:

8 7
6 5
4 3
2 1

front of engine

Quick Reply: fueld injector wiring