2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 04:16 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noise

I have a clicking noise it started a few weeks ago when I turned my wheel to the left but now it does it when going straight or turning and basically most of the time. It is a 01 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4. Does this sound like the U-joints or what would it be?

Old 02-27-2005, 04:24 AM
moparturd
Banned
Default RE: Noise

The u-joints would be the first thing I look at. If it's making that niose on even ground that would be my guess. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:38 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Default RE: Noise

It does it on level ground also. A guy I know who knows a lot about cars or trucks and is one ofo the people I usually go to when or if I have a problem installing something or with something and he said he heard it when I was turning into the parking lot and that he thought it sounded like the U-joints. How exactly do I go about changing these any instructions? Another friend who has helped me work on it a few times as I'm still learning said that it should just be c clamp type things that you unbolt and replace the U-joints I may have to get him to help me but I would like to see some instructions just so I can get an idea on what I need to do and if I will need to get somone to help me that has done it before.

Quick Reply: Noise