2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

my truck UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:07 AM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my truck UPDATE

Ok, this week is pretty much over, and still no truck... Turns out while he was checkin it out, it started knocking a little, so we think it spun a bearing.. he is going to check those, and replace them if that's what it is.. If it's something else, well, we may have a problem.. nice... But he's real thourough, and wants to make sure it's right before turning it over to me.. So for that I am greatful.. He also has been very apologetic about the delay.. He is a nice guy, and I am happy to have him work on it. But man, if he hadn't delayed in the first place, it would be done now, even with the added work.. but, again, he is a good guy, and isn't charging me any mroe to tear into the rods and crank.. if there are new parts needed, we will work that out.. but so far, it's all included...

Old 02-28-2009, 05:27 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man did that car dealer see you coming. i feel for you.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:15 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Not to make light of his situation, but since he's a little short handed , why don't you ask if you can help in anyway to speed up the process?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

I was thinking about it... if the weather was nicer, I would be there no problem, but it keeps getting cold on me, and it's hard to ride the scoot in this weather,... esp when it's rainin.. My joints can't handle it anymore..

Old 02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Rex-TheDOGG
Captain

Sounds like you're making progress. Keep us posted. BTW, got to "hand" it to the one armed Mexican, most jobs are hard enough with two arms, much less just one. Plus he's not sitting around collecting disability, even though he could. Got to respect him for that.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:05 PM
360dodgeram360
Professional

Hope you get your truck back soon!
...and i agree with Rex-TheDOGG, i used to work with a guy that had one arm and he was just as good as any of us with two hands (much respect for those guys)

Old 02-28-2009, 03:06 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sucky... I hope mine goes smoothly!! New brakes, fastman tb and harland sharp 1.7's RR and some other stuff..

Old 02-28-2009, 03:54 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex-TheDOGG
Sounds like you're making progress. Keep us posted. BTW, got to "hand" it to the one armed Mexican, most jobs are hard enough with two arms, much less just one. Plus he's not sitting around collecting disability, even though he could. Got to respect him for that.
Can't collect disability when you're not a citizen.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
96RamSLT
Veteran

haha +1 for aim..
but on a serious note.. i feel your pain about the whole scoot bein cold.. even though im itchin to get mine out..
any how, i think you have yourself one hell of a mechanic who is thorough and looks out for his customers.. nice choice in shops.. delay or no delay thats a A+ shop in my book.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
JimkDaAdtman
Veteran

That's my thoughts too, I can't ask for more than that from a shop. He is working hard on it, and I should have it pretty soon now, I hope.. as long as all goes smooth with everything else...

Quick Reply: my truck UPDATE