2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stiff Riding Ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:34 AM
dodgeram32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced the track bar, put the levelling kit on the truck with the new shocks , and cant tell why it rides "stiff"

Originally Posted by helms
well, viper, the 2wd and the 4wd spacers will feel different from each other. i dont think its the spacers, my ride didnt change a bit when i did mine. Are you compairing your ride now, to the way it was before? or are you just saying its stiff in general? the shimmy sounds like a track bar issue.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
dodgeram32

I know its not going to ride like a caddy but what ever is causing it is a very uncomfortable highway drive

Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Viper37
NO NO NO NO NO!

It's not the shocks causing this, its the leveling kit. I installed mine just over a month ago, and that is exactly what happens. The leveling kit MASSIVELY increases your spring rate.

All you can do is deal with it really.
Not this time, V. The 4wd leveling kit doesn't change the spring rate ... stiffer springs CAN be used to raise the nose but that's not what we're talking about.

Quick Reply: Stiff Riding Ram