2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission slipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM
lumpydump
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission slipping

hello i have 3 years on a transmission rebuild and now its starting to slip out of gear when driving. it does it mostly when im making a left turn really weird and when coming to a stop it jumps around and sometimes stalls any thoughts fluid is full. when it was rebuilt they put a new pump in it a new converter, clutch drum, pressur transducer, solenoid , governor solenoid and sun gear.

info 1998 dodge 1500 automatic 318 engine 4x4

Old 03-09-2009, 07:34 PM
lumpydump
Amateur

rechecked fluid it was low theres a leak in one of my lines. refilled with fluid and it stopped jumping around when i come to a stop BUT it still slips out of gear when i make a left turn motor revs up and then clunk back in gear . i can make right turns all day no problem straight ahead no problem left turn problem!! any thoughts

Last edited by lumpydump; 03-09-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
lumpydump
Amateur

Started doing it again. When turning left it slips out of gear and then clunk back in gear. Any thoughts it didn't do it for a long time and now started again

Old 04-15-2014, 05:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

What's fluid level look like this time? (be sure to check it with trans in neutral.)

Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 PM
mrau92me
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What's fluid level look like this time? (be sure to check it with trans in neutral.)
...and dont forget the engine's supposed to be running too when checking the fluid

Old 05-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Brjustfun
Default Trans slips turning left

My 2001 dodge does the same thing slips turning left. I found this on another site.

i just had that same problem solved at the dealership...they replaced a sensor and a transductor located inside the transmission valve body...or somewhere in there. But the problem is gone, and i think mine had the problem since it came out of the factory, because shifts much better than when i got it new.

hope this helps. I am going to the dealership next week.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:51 AM
Coreytilley

Originally Posted by lumpydump
Started doing it again. When turning left it slips out of gear and then clunk back in gear. Any thoughts it didn't do it for a long time and now started again
same just did it to me

Old 09-23-2021, 10:27 AM
moorefield
Amateur
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Contact the transmission shop that did the work. They will know what this issue is and maybe give you a discount on correcting the problem.

Quick Reply: transmission slipping