2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 01:04 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default exhaust tips

was wondering where evreyone got there tips im looking for a decent pair maybe 4x24 long i have chrome now and there rusted to hell. anyone got ideas or pics

Old 03-13-2009, 01:09 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got my chrome ones from the local muff shop, cheaper than ebay......he can also get stainless if i want

Old 03-13-2009, 01:49 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my stainless ones from a local shop also. Chrome rusts but stainless you have to keep polishing or they look like crap. I have to polish mine once a week or so or they get to looking bad and getting brown spots on them. I think in a way chrome is better. It's way easier to maintain but then again they also rust.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 AM
dakotas ram
Champion

my 4"x 18"(i think) were like $40, so theyre not too expensive to replace once they go to crap

Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the ones i have on there are chrome, and rusty, and got my truck inspected yesterday and my tip stuck out too far cause it was bent and they cut the tip instead of the exhaust to make it shorter, im kinda upset,but gives me an excuse to get better tips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR-...Q5fAccessories what you guys think about these ??

Old 03-13-2009, 05:06 PM
justneed2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought from these guys before, good experience, all the tips they sell are 304 stainless, polished. Nice Stuff!

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...y/Exhaust-Tips

Old 03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
94Beater
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Little off the subject - Does anyone knows where I can get tips/ends used on the Dodge truck project on TRUCKS TV? - I think it was a few seasons ago.
They have installed exhaust coming out from the rear fenders right behind the rear tire.
If I remember correctly there was 2 pipes coming out from the oval trip mounted on the bed rear quarter panel.
It was essentially an oval ring with some mounting holes and 2 exhaust tips mounted inside.
I hope someone knows.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:20 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 94Beater
Little off the subject - Does anyone knows where I can get tips/ends used on the Dodge truck project on TRUCKS TV? - I think it was a few seasons ago.
They have installed exhaust coming out from the rear fenders right behind the rear tire.
If I remember correctly there was 2 pipes coming out from the oval trip mounted on the bed rear quarter panel.
It was essentially an oval ring with some mounting holes and 2 exhaust tips mounted inside.
I hope someone knows.
here you go. pretty expensive.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=2148

Old 03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I got my stainless ones from a local shop also. Chrome rusts but stainless you have to keep polishing or they look like crap. I have to polish mine once a week or so or they get to looking bad and getting brown spots on them. I think in a way chrome is better. It's way easier to maintain but then again they also rust.
we have had this discussion before. i would rather get stainless and have to polish them once in awhile instead of getting chrome and have to have them totally replaced because they get rusty and still have to shine them up too until they get rusty.. just my opinion though.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by justneed2
I've bought from these guys before, good experience, all the tips they sell are 304 stainless, polished. Nice Stuff!

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...y/Exhaust-Tips
thanks for the link. i have also been looking for some tips. i am gonna get a set on the way monday from them.

Quick Reply: exhaust tips