2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lift kit brands

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:40 AM
ak01ramsportoffroad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit brands

I am trying to find a lift that fits the "off-road" pkg, and I can't seem to find any. I would like to go around the 5" mark, but that only be 3" higher than it is now? Any advice would be awesome.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:59 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ak01ramsportoffroad
I am trying to find a lift that fits the "off-road" pkg, and I can't seem to find any. I would like to go around the 5" mark, but that only be 3" higher than it is now? Any advice would be awesome.

I have never seen one specifically made for an off road package ram (pretty sure no one makes one). All the kits will fit it, but they will only lift it about 1.5-2" less than what the kit says.

If you want to gain 5" (all suspension, no body) on your off road you will need to install a 7" kit like skyjackers. And I believe pure performance sells and 8" kit.

Good luck! Send picks!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:27 PM
helms
All Star

x2

remeber that the off-roads came with a bit of a lift anyway, so... your truck with a 5" skyjacker lift will only net about 3" of lift, where a non off-road will see the full 5" (+/-). In the end you will still have the same outcome as all the other 1500s with that size lift kit installed. you would be basically throwing away the factory lift and starting the same a everone else.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 PM
ak01ramsportoffroad

thanks for ya'lls input. i think a 5" on a half ton looks awesome, but here is my other question, will i still have the lowered front end? if so, can i add the leveling kit and the lift? if i add the extra 3" to my truck, will i need to extend anything else such as driveshafts? can i fit 305/70r/17's on it if i add the extra lift? is it even worth throwing away the factory lift? who makes the stiffest lift? i love the feel of a stiff suspension.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ak01ramsportoffroad
thanks for ya'lls input. i think a 5" on a half ton looks awesome, but here is my other question, will i still have the lowered front end? if so, can i add the leveling kit and the lift? if i add the extra 3" to my truck, will i need to extend anything else such as driveshafts? can i fit 305/70r/17's on it if i add the extra lift? is it even worth throwing away the factory lift? who makes the stiffest lift? i love the feel of a stiff suspension.

Ok, thats a lotta questions.

When you buy a lift kit, it will typically lift the front what the advertised height is, and the back a few inches less to level it out. So you wont need a leveling kit to take care of the rake.

You dont have to extend drive shafts or anything like that with a 5" lift.

You can most likely fit 305/70/17's with the stock off road suspension.

If you want stiff, put a set of 1 ton diesel coils under the front of your truck like I did. That will give you STIFF. I kinda like it though. It gave me just over 3" of lift (non off road truck).

Quick Reply: lift kit brands