2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looks like 01DodgeRam360 is calling it quits

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009 | 03:57 AM
Slomojo
Veteran

whaT a little ******. Considering a new toyota! ha! Those new tundras are pieces of sh*t. Too many electronics trying to run Sh*t. Learn how to work on the truck you've got and stop griping. It runs right? It looks good right? To me, The fact that it's paid for and runs is good enough for me to keep. You just have to find a way to keep it running by taking care if it by yourself.

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:52 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by J415
In my humble opinion, I think that the more you work on your truck HANDS ON, the more likely you are to keep it longer. It seemed that he had the truck in the shop with the mechanic more than he did in his driveway.
I've done a lot of work to my truck. The shop has done a good bit too but so have I and that's not really one of the reasons I'm wanting to keep it. Infact me working on it all the time is a big reason why I'm thinking of upgrading.

Old 03-29-2009 | 07:53 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

Originally Posted by Slomojo
whaT a little ******. Considering a new toyota! ha! Those new tundras are pieces of sh*t. Too many electronics trying to run Sh*t. Learn how to work on the truck you've got and stop griping. It runs right? It looks good right? To me, The fact that it's paid for and runs is good enough for me to keep. You just have to find a way to keep it running by taking care if it by yourself.
You must not have ever owned a Dodge if you think Toyota's are POS. They are light years ahead of a Dodge.

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:31 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

With a $15K loan, I'd be paying $286 a month at 5.08%. There are several reasons why I'm doing this. For one, I'd like to add more to my credit. Once I pay this off, I'm in position for a house. Secondly, it's time to sell this truck. I've got the truck paid off, and the transmission loan paid off too. Everything is paid off, the truck runs and looks great; I don't want to push my luck. I don't know what I'll be driving in, I'm just focused on selling my baby for the most I can. It Kelly Blue Books at $8,400 in excellent condition, so I chose $8,000 to play it safe. Maybe if I can sell the truck, I can start looking at 3/4 tons as well, but I wasn't getting enough for trade in on my truck to get something new enough that I liked. Lastly, I've stressed to every car salesman that I need something that looks sexy off the lot. I want something that I can just drive and maintain. I can't make the same mistake of dumping my money into a vehicle; all it does is make you poor and make it even harder to part ways with your vehicle because of the money you're loosing. I want something that will drive smooth down the highway, have the nice big warranty, and that looks flashy without me having to touch it. I just want tint and an exhaust, the rest goes towards payments and maintenance. As I said, it's so tough seeing my beautiful ram out for sale and people getting all next to it, but I think it's just a smart decision to part ways while it's still looking "HOTT".

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:37 AM
dodgeram07
Champion

well if it will set you up to buy a house go for it.. you have a great looking truck, and if you get a new one make sure it's faster than your brothers ford..lol

Old 03-29-2009 | 08:42 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

^^Haha, my brother is already getting nervous!

Old 03-29-2009 | 10:05 AM
hutch1973
Captain

I didn't really factor in that you don't really work on a truck, and when you don't, you probably are better off with something with a warranty. God I hope you didn't tell the salesman one of your goals was a 'sexy' truck...anyway.

I did shop around a couple months ago and drove a bit of everything. Looked at 05's and 06's, every make but Chevy. Truck I came away most impressed with was the Nissan Titan. I knew nothing about them going in, and was surprised when I started to research them to see how favorably they compared to American made trucks. If you are trying to stay at a certain price point, I'd guess you could find a Titan with more options then a Tundra.

Truck I really thought about was a 05 Titan Crew, not sure of the trim level, but it was loaded with leather, power moon, dvd nav, dvd player for the rear. Had a slick door behind the rear drivers side wheel well you could stash jumper cables in. 'Butt torque' was amazing, thing really scooted from the stop lights. It was black with tint, exhaust, and rims, and really looked sharp. You wouldn't have to do anything to it. Truck had 49k on it and was going for 18.

Ultimately decided against it since I had the cash to just pay off my Ram, and I prefer to not have a car payment. Again, I only drive my personal vehicle 15-25 miles a week in town, so I can't really justify having any car payment. In my case though, I have the house already, great credit, so I do understand having to build your credit up.

Old 03-29-2009 | 10:23 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by Slomojo
they are crap... I know 2 tundra owners who both have what is called bed bounce...

if your considering the Tundra... have a look at the frame front to back. starts out fully boxed, then goes to a C frame, then a U frame. getting progressively weaker the farther back you go. hit a rough part of the road with any decent amount of speed and the back end will start to bounce side to side.

Old 03-29-2009 | 11:09 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Yeah, I haven't looked at any GM products, not interested in every which way. I've looked heavily at the tundras because they have great value, and I've test driven them twice, and was really impressed. I felt like they great stability on the bumpy back roads. I haven't test driven a Titan yet though, so that's a good suggestion. Now that I am trying to sell the truck privately, I feel much more relaxed. I'll be able to receieve maximum value for my truck, and buy something I really like. I don't want to buy a truck that doesn't look perfect to me. For instance, I really like the look of the F-150 "patriot editions". They come stock with the roush 20" rims and billet grilles, I love that. I won't settle for a truck that's going to need cool wheels and all that, I don't want to dump any money into my truck. I just want to keep it clean and maintained and pay payments.

Old 03-29-2009 | 11:21 AM
xskylinedx
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by steve05ram360
they are crap... I know 2 tundra owners who both have what is called bed bounce...

if your considering the Tundra... have a look at the frame front to back. starts out fully boxed, then goes to a C frame, then a U frame. getting progressively weaker the farther back you go. hit a rough part of the road with any decent amount of speed and the back end will start to bounce side to side.
Not only that but what keeps me away from them is Dual Independent Variable Valve
Timing with Intelligence and Acoustically Controlled Induction System (ACIS) -- dual
stage intake manifold.

Imagine what the cost will be if you start to have electrical problems. Or the trouble
you might run into trying to modify the motor.

Quick Reply: Looks like 01DodgeRam360 is calling it quits