2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is it the transmission?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:18 PM
nathangfnd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not really sure but it may be spark plugs

I had somewhat the same problem a few months ago when i was getting on the highway, it kinda jumped a little, but i let off and and it seemed normal from there but it soon said check engine and i had 2nd cylinder misfire.

Just something to possibly check

Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcss8541
I went to look at it and seems to be in place however, not knowing what I know now, I attempted to remove this cable from the bracket when I removed the fuel rail and had it partially undone before I said screw it and snapped it back into place because it was a beeyatch to take off. I do notice I have some firm shifts and the the transmission that's in there now was not the original. Burned mine up towing it without disenaging the transfer case, anyway I guess this weekend I can fart around with it and try to make some adjustments. Thanks!
I was just wanting to know if the clip was loose ... if it snapped together ... you should be in good shape. When it's loose, the cable adjustment can drift, messing up your shift points.

Last edited by TMS Bill; 03-31-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TMS Bill
I was just wanting to know if the clip was loose ... if it snapped together ... you should be in good shape. When it's loose, the cable adjustment can drift, messing up your shift points.
K thanks!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nathangfnd
not really sure but it may be spark plugs

I had somewhat the same problem a few months ago when i was getting on the highway, it kinda jumped a little, but i let off and and it seemed normal from there but it soon said check engine and i had 2nd cylinder misfire.

Just something to possibly check
Yeah Nathan I have the same issue as well since my CEL keeps coming on after I reset it I just left it on. I definitely have some misfire issues I have to take care of though.

Quick Reply: Is it the transmission?????