2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

did the throttlebody mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 01:10 AM
magnethead
Legend
Received 167 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpnorris87
Yep....you got the general idea. Cut the big stuff with the snips and then hand file it all the way down to the line to make them perfect. Another thing you could do....if you didnt feel comfortable replacing the butterflies is just widen the bores all the way up to the seal and still use the stock butterflies. Just an idea....
Then there'd be no gain. 2" butterflies on a 2.125 bore is bad enough, but a 2.25" bore is bad. And i have no problem making the new ones. If I can't jigsaw them, i'll snip them. If I can't snip them, i'll hole-saw em. If i can't hole-saw em...I'll just make em work!

Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Jpnorris87
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, I was just throwing out ideas....You get gains just from getting rid of the bottle neck on top of your throttle body. Using a die grinder to open up the TB bore is going to be a pain, b/c its all free hand and making both bores exactly the same is hard. If you got the time, go for it.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:09 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wouldn't even try it...for the small gain your going to see from doing it, its not worth doing by hand and potentially screwing it up. take it to a machine shop and have them do it, they arent that expensive.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Acapalic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not straight bore it? if ur going 57 54 57 , couldnt u just straight bore it to 57 all the way with 57 baldes? unless im assuming the downsize will increase the flow of air.

Quick Reply: did the throttlebody mod