2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upper Dash Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
ckoons22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Dash Removal

This may be a N00b question/ repost, and if so I'm sorry but if someone could help I would appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone has removed the top dash before I have all the screws on the drivers side removed but the passenger side is still tight. Yes I have all the screws on top on the dash by the wind shield removed. Its tight by the glove box area. Are they clips or more screws?

Old 04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to tilt the dash forward to get to all the screws. There are screws around the defroster vents that face towards the front of the truck. Did you remove the airbag?

BTW open up your Haynes manual or download the FSM in the DIY section.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
mcss8541
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ckoons22
This may be a N00b question/ repost, and if so I'm sorry but if someone could help I would appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone has removed the top dash before I have all the screws on the drivers side removed but the passenger side is still tight. Yes I have all the screws on top on the dash by the wind shield removed. Its tight by the glove box area. Are they clips or more screws?
you have to remove the braket holding up the steering wheel shaft and let it down and rest on your driver's seat. there are some bolts under the dash on both the driver's side and passenger side against the sides of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Upper Dash Removal