2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

To all the service men and women past and present: Sound off branch and truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009 | 11:40 AM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mcss8541
are the crunches timed? And actually it was all those summer and winter days as a kid on our Ranch here in Texas shooting my BB Gun>Pellet Gun> .22 Rifle> 410,20,and 12 Guage Shotgun> Deer Rifles that got my MOS changed while in boot camp on the rifle range. My first day f live fire I shot a 248 and never looked back. I quess I had pretty good teachers cause all of us Texas boys shot the hell outa that M-16. Thanks for the link I'll check it out.
I think the line he said about "forget what you learn" was directed at notanexit. I am a Navy small arms instructor and it is always easier to teach someone that has never shot before than someone who has. We have to start by breaking bad habits first, then reteaching them the military way of shooting.

I always love the guy/gal who says, "I can hit the target all day with my gun, this gun's sights are off!" Right. Blame it on the sights. Everybody else can hit the target with that weapon.

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:12 PM
mcss8541
|
All Star

Originally Posted by sarguy01
I think the line he said about "forget what you learn" was directed at notanexit. I am a Navy small arms instructor and it is always easier to teach someone that has never shot before than someone who has. We have to start by breaking bad habits first, then reteaching them the military way of shooting.

I always love the guy/gal who says, "I can hit the target all day with my gun, this gun's sights are off!" Right. Blame it on the sights. Everybody else can hit the target with that weapon.
I've heard that as well however in our case you eat what you kill and with that in mind we tend to pay attention on how a certain rifle works and then go for it. as far as sights go sometimes you have to use "Kentucky" windage. The M-16 was so easy to fire bcause of the pistol grip. Are yall still using the 7.62 mm round?

Old 04-15-2009 | 12:22 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mcss8541
I've heard that as well however in our case you eat what you kill and with that in mind we tend to pay attention on how a certain rifle works and then go for it. as far as sights go sometimes you have to use "Kentucky" windage. The M-16 was so easy to fire bcause of the pistol grip. Are yall still using the 7.62 mm round?
The Navy? Yes, M-14's for ship in-port security, the M-240, the dying M-60, and the GAU-17 minigun. I may be forgetting one or two.

This is regular Navy, not including Special Warfare.

Old 04-15-2009 | 01:27 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

The Corps uses m-14's for squad based sniper support, regular m-16's(5.56mm), 249SAW(5.56mm), 240G(7.62mm), i've seen some use mossberg500's for tact entry. plus small arms and the 203 grenade launcher.

Quick Reply: To all the service men and women past and present: Sound off branch and truck