2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fun things to do when you're bored...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
ophidia
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
The bottom row is LeverEvolution, but I do have some 300 grain full metal jacket handloads for it (not in the picture)

The top row is Federal 240 grain hydra shoks
and the Horandy ballistic tips are just 225 grain.

How do you like the Red Hawk? I never shot one.
I have a box of Hydra-Shoks in the nightstand

It's a very solid gun. I don't know many revolvers that are as physically massive as this one, other than something like a Magnum Research BFR. It's probably overkill, but it suits me.

I don't remember the last time it digested factory loaded ammo (other than a few Hydra-Shoks). They're just too damned expensive to shoot.

I have the same grip on mine that you have. It's much better than the factory grip that came on it.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jasonw
Same boat here (apartment), except I still have no time to kill.

College, job A (Best Buy), job B (IT support), wife, Xbox 360, dodgeforum...

Whats your Xbox Live gamertag? Mine is UnloosedChewtoy. I'm usually wasting time on that with my wife and my little bro and his significant other. Managed to con them into Halo once... they love it. Most of our time together is spent playing Halo 3.
My gamertag is Cerea1k1ller or some variation... I think that's it though. I'll look you up next time i'm on there. I haven't played halo 3 in awhile. I've been on a call of duty world at war kick for the last month or so.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Originally Posted by ophidia
I have a box of Hydra-Shoks in the nightstand

It's a very solid gun. I don't know many revolvers that are as physically massive as this one, other than something like a Magnum Research BFR. It's probably overkill, but it suits me.

I don't remember the last time it digested factory loaded ammo (other than a few Hydra-Shoks). They're just too damned expensive to shoot.

I have the same grip on mine that you have. It's much better than the factory grip that came on it.
I've been curious about a red hawk because I know that they can handle the heavier loads pretty much constantly with no problem. I'm partial to my smith, but it needs some tuning after blowing off the 300 grains through it for awhile. You're right about it being overkill for pretty much everything, but I think that's just something that's in my personality lol.

I think my next step up might be a 500 magnum. One of the guys down at the firing range has one with a 4" barrel on it. And holy hell... I don't really know how to explain what shooting that thing feels like. It's pretty sweet though. I figure the 4" barrel makes it perfect for a concealed carry weapon haha...

Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

You rich people and your guns.

My wife and I managed to scrape together enough money once for a smaller gun, a .40 S&W. Thats it until I graduate.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 PM
ophidia
Captain

Originally Posted by jasonw
You rich people and your guns.

My wife and I managed to scrape together enough money once for a smaller gun, a .40 S&W. Thats it until I graduate.
Rich? LMAO!! Hardly. It's called layaway :P

Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I'm pretty far from rich too lol. But i'm single and I have some redneck *** priorities

-Truck
-Guns
-Whiskey
-Try not to kill people
-Don't go to jail

Not in any particular order

Old 04-17-2009, 09:11 PM
ophidia
Captain

Personally, I'm thinking a BFR in 45-70. Then I can carry that mfkr when I'm hunting with my 1895XLR and only need one type of ammo! (and probably a wrist brace so I can finish up after the revolver breaks my wrist).

Old 04-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

That sounds like fun. I realize there is a point to which a handgun is just TOO powerful, I'm just not sure where it is lol.

I saw a .60 cal at a gun show. Nitrous express or something... ****in rediculous. I may start collecting machine guns next. Can't hunt with them, but I got the .308 for that, or the 12 guage. I think a B.A.R or a nice M60 would be ideal for home defense haha...

On another note, if you've ever seen the movie apaloosa I really dig that guys 8 guage side by side. The barrel was like 4.5 feet long. It was a sweet gun. I've seen a youtube video of a guy shooting a 4 guage too but it doesn't even look fun.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I shoot trap 400 rounds at a time,dip,work as much as I can,play fire fighter, break $hit, go off road and look at stuff I can't buy lol.

Quick Reply: Fun things to do when you're bored...