2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please proof read!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 PM
ice01
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Proof read your own!

Hey, don't go on preaching about others mispelling, mistyping, or just plain typing in a way that you can't read. As I read your complaining post I realized that you mispelled the word sentence, never capitalized the letter I several times, mispelled the word ridiculous, and never used correct punctuation in several words. In the very same sentence that you stated that you proof read your post you typed and I quote " i proof read to make sure it sound proper". Not good english either.
It is probably good that you are not a teacher! I guess the moral of the story is you should not throw rocks if you live in a glass house!!
Some of the people on here are just good old country boys looking for a little information on how to fix something on their truck. Give them a break!!!! Hell they might end up helping you one day!! If it bothers you to read their post then don't, someone else will. Oh and by the way isn't your 02 a 3rd generation Dodge?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guilty as charged. I'm flying yall the bird right now lol. Jk. I have been using google to try to help me with the spelling.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2002 2500s and 3500s were 2nd gens, but the 1500s were 3rd gens. The heavy dutys got another year of looking sweet.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
ice01
Banned

Good point Cereal, did not realize that!

Old 04-17-2009, 10:27 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
whywouldanyonewanttousegrammerorpunctuationwhenits easiertotypealongrunonsentencethatnoonecanundersta nd
Yo thats a good one I had to put spaces in it try to read it. Very nice job. You must do it all the time lol.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:31 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ice01
Hey, don't go on preaching about others mispelling, mistyping, or just plain typing in a way that you can't read. As I read your complaining post I realized that you mispelled the word sentence, never capitalized the letter I several times, mispelled the word ridiculous, and never used correct punctuation in several words. In the very same sentence that you stated that you proof read your post you typed and I quote " i proof read to make sure it sound proper". Not good english either.
It is probably good that you are not a teacher! I guess the moral of the story is you should not throw rocks if you live in a glass house!!
Some of the people on here are just good old country boys looking for a little information on how to fix something on their truck. Give them a break!!!! Hell they might end up helping you one day!! If it bothers you to read their post then don't, someone else will.
An occasional misspelled word is not what we're really complaining about. Hell, constantly misspelling words does not bug me. Its just when its obvious that someone doesn't even make a half attempt to make their post half legible before they submit it that bugs me. Communication is key in solving a problem when multiple people are involved. If someone doesn't care enough to make a half decent attempt at their half of the communication, why should I care enough to do more than my half to understand the issue?

At Best Buy, I get paid to go over that half way point with people. Here, its all voluntary. I try, and I will usually go over the half way point anyway. However, there have been some here in the past where I don't even try because the guy posting obviously doesn't care enough to try and proof his stuff, so why should I proof it for him so I can understand it to help him?

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Guilty as charged. I'm flying yall the bird right now lol. Jk. I have been using google to try to help me with the spelling.
You try. Thats the difference. You actually try, so I will help you every time I can, as long as you don't mind a little joshing now and then.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Originally Posted by jasonw
You try. Thats the difference. You actually try, so I will help you every time I can, as long as you don't mind a little joshing now and then.
Not going it BULL $HIT you but yea I DO! I get $HIT all the time. But now and than it's ok.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a WANT ad on kijiji looking for a front strut for a Polaris wheeler a few months ago and just last week I get this reply to it:

i was wondering if u have a pull side or a huns n axel u would want ot sell
I don't even know wtf he was looking for haha

Old 04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I typically don't bother with posts that are poorly composed.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM
divetruck
Professional

musta been da ebonics course thy faileed!

Quick Reply: Please proof read!