2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please proof read!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 04:52 PM
helms
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please proof read!

I have noticed a few posts lately that are very hard to read due to improper punctuation and/or grammer. I am by no means a teacher and i dont mean to sound like a dick, but trying to help someone who writes a post that doesnt include any periods (.) or commas (,) is extremely hard, and i usually stop trying to read after the fourth line of run-on sentance. Every time i post, i proof read to make sure it sound proper, i understand that i will spell words wrong and use improper grammer as well, but some posts are just rediculous. so PLEASE proof read your posts before hitting the button, if you cant understand it.... how do you expect us to?

Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed this alot too. Mispelling a complex word is one thing. but sounding like an illiterate person trying to write a rap song is completley different... I'm almost totally sure that anyone who is intelligent enough to hook up an internet connection, let alone do any kind of auto motive repair, is infact intelligent enough to read and write...

Old 04-17-2009, 05:08 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

I do the same. If I can't understand it, I won't try to read all of it and will not respond. I haven't been a student for 55 years, but damned if I can't do better than some of what I see on this one eyed monster.

Last edited by charlie1935; 04-17-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:11 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I completely agree with you guys.

Hello guys new to the forum so sorry for being a newb my name is James I have a problem my truck doesn't run i took it to a mechanic and he claims it muffler bearings and say it need blinker fluid to what do you guys think is that true i have 40 inch tires on stock gears with the v6 could that be an issue the tranny is slipping to what can i do to prevent that

And then after you correct them, they complain about being "graded". HONESTLY, do you read what you type, even once??? /rant

Old 04-17-2009, 07:24 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

whywouldanyonewanttousegrammerorpunctuationwhenits easiertotypealongrunonsentencethatnoonecanundersta nd

Old 04-17-2009, 07:41 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonw
I completely agree with you guys.

Hello guys new to the forum so sorry for being a newb my name is James I have a problem my truck doesn't run i took it to a mechanic and he claims it muffler bearings and say it need blinker fluid to what do you guys think is that true i have 40 inch tires on stock gears with the v6 could that be an issue the tranny is slipping to what can i do to prevent that

And then after you correct them, they complain about being "graded". HONESTLY, do you read what you type, even once??? /rant
jasonfilyurtranmison wit jbweldit wontslipthin.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed the same thing. I didn't want to come off as a punk, so I don't say anything. I was starting to believe I was dyslexic.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by charlie1935
jasonfilyurtranmison wit jbweldit wontslipthin.
hahaha

flawless

Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bot a 94 ram i think its the offraod edishun wit the 360 and the 5.9 v8 and i wanna no wats the biggest tires i can run also what are sum good mods to make it go faster cause its not very fast for a v8 and get better gas mileage cause im only getting 13 miles to the gallon how about a thrawtle body spaver and a jet chip is that a good tooner whats the best cold air intake also who makes the loudest exhaust? Where do i go to get the 14x3 airhood mod and wat about the standalone oil breather mod thing wats that? What would it take to convert it to a stick cause i dont like automatics can i do it myself? Where do i get the s-bolt thing for the aircleaner mod i cant figure out how to make won.

edit - i actually typed that entire thing in capital letters and it posted it regular anyway. So I don't even know how the morons get around that.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 04-17-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

YOU CAN DO IT BY TYPING BOTH lower and UPPERCASE

edit: I don't actually do this, I'm a forum junkie and know how to maintain myself online lol

Quick Reply: Please proof read!