2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck caliper sticking and pulling

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:33 PM
mikesjunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
if you really want to be a redneck get a short piece of steel line and splice it to the old line with a compression fitting. uh-oh, here comes the flames. i don't care. it works.
LOL, yes I've seen this done.

Best thing is that this line measures 48" and had some very interesting bends and takes a pretty indirect route. From Starting point to end point it's probably 24". So my redneck addition my be that my replacement line may make a more direct route with a whole lot less bends.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:12 PM
mikesjunk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok for the update. Got the new steel line bent and attached. Took the rotors to have them turned....guess what... too thin. Yeah they are too thin out of the box new to turn. I need a brake lathe!!! I sure miss the days working at the parts store. So two new rotors.

So I get it all buttoned up and get my little helper to help bleed the brakes. And sure enough I get another leak in another steel line. So back to the parts store for another line.

So it's now all done and it's working great. No more pulling and no more sticking.

Quick Reply: Truck caliper sticking and pulling