2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4x4 Light wont go off

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
skoalking32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4x4 Light wont go off

A few months ago I was having some problems with my 4x4. I was lookin ariound under my truck and noticed that two vaccuum lines was un connected. I connected them again (they was labled so i know i put them in the right spots.) and then I turned on my truck, but the 4x4 light stayed on. So i drove around a little and tested the truck and I know its not in 4 wheel drive. Ive tryed everything to get the light to go off. Anybody know what I should do?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
ophidia
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vacuum switch on top of your transfer case is probably stuck. If you feel on top of the case you'll feel a big rubber plug, under which is this vacuum switch. Pull off the plug, then use a big *** deep socket to remove it. I think it's like 27mm or something to that effect. Be careful not to break off any of the plastic nipples.

Once you have it off, you'll probably see that the metal plunger in the middle is stuck in. Just spray it with some throttle body cleaner and work on it until it pops out. Make sure that it moves smoothly and reinstall.

Last edited by ophidia; 04-22-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Light wont go off