2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift ?'s and random other ?'s.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is a subject of debate, but my off road front springs were the same height as my original springs and netted me about 1.5 inches over the stockers. To date I've done a couple more swaps and never found off road springs to be any longer than stockers. It's in the metal (spring rate) itself. +1 on the factory never using spacers. I have heard that some dealers may have installed them, but it isn't a factory part. I seem to remember counting leafs and that they had the same as mine but again the off roads have a higher spring rate.
Sport packages are trim package and nothing was changed suspension wise. You are probably comparing your truck to other brands with IFS suspensions, which normally sit lower to begin with. Example:A 3rd gen ram with a 4 inch lift sits lower than my truck.

Last edited by dsertdog56; 04-29-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dsertdog56
I know this is a subject of debate, but my off road front springs were the same height as my original springs and netted me about 1.5 inches over the stockers. To date I've done a couple more swaps and never found off road springs to be any longer than stockers. It's in the metal (spring rate) itself.

Thats a good point. I guess I shouldnt have stated that they were longer, but that they just gain lift.

I have no experience with the off road coils, except that they are taller from the factory. From your experience it sounds like the coil rate of the springs are tad more stiff than the normal ones, which to me is a good thing as the stockers are too dang soft.

Thanks for correcting and learning me

Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Kraiger
Veteran

Hey olyelr: if you want to see the finsihed pics they are on my link on my sig. Thats all the pics i have for right now and the computer they are on is not working at the moment haha so you will just have to look on there sorry..But with they coil springs, Ill try and take some pics but a stock 99 4x4 springs are much shorter than my 01 off road edition. So im not so sure its just spring rate. And my truck was all stock with the off raod package so its not after market springs. Also ill take some pics Olyelr of the spacer above the coil. The only thing i can think of is a leveling kit. Ive never messed with those but would a leveling kit just be a coil spacer?

Quick Reply: Lift ?'s and random other ?'s.