2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift ?'s and random other ?'s.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:27 AM
dilts646
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift ?'s and random other ?'s.

I have a 95 dodge sport that comes with the 3 inch stock lift. I have wondered if I get a 6 inch suspension lift will that add to the 3" to make 9 or will it take the 3 inch out and only make 6 total?

Can I get a 3" leveling kit with the thing that goes on top of the spring and than get a 3" suspension lift AS WELL to make 9" of total lift? I already have a 3" body lift, I am looking for 9" total suspension and 12" with the body lift..

I am mainly only going to use this truck as a play truck and winter beater..

I have a 5.9l 360 what is the stock HP? Torque?

I would like to get a crate motor for under 3g that makes alot more hp than stock and more torque since my stock motor has well over 200k miles!

Is there a fix to the ball joints and wheel bearings and stuff in the front end always going bad? I don't want to buy new mud tires if they are just going to ware out right away.

I also need a front bumper bracket lift. 3", anyone know where to buy 1 or can I make 1 easily?

That's all for now.

Thanks

Also sorry I have posted basically the same ?'s in a few different spots today, I wasn't sure where exactly to post them..

Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Kraiger
Veteran

This is what i know.. My 01 is a sport off-road. It had a 2in factory lift. The lift was a coil spacer in the front. When i put my Fabtech 5 1/2in long arm kit on, we left the spacer in the front. The rear we welded the fabtech lift block and my factory 3in block together, and the kit also comes with a ad a leaf. I now have a total of 7 1/2ins of lift. Not sure what dodge did in 95 for factory lift. Stock horse power i think is around 245 on engine not to wheels. and Torque is around 345 at engine. I may be wrong.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 AM
dilts646

Honestly I haven't even looked at the truck the spring that good, It has just been sitting for quiet a while now and I finally decided I might as well do something with it..

Are these what your talking it already has? Or can I add these to the front yet?Name:  lift.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  4.0 KBhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&it em=270361996718

If I can't use this what would be the easiest cheapest way to get another 3" or more of lift?

Old 04-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Dodgeman000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Kraiger
Veteran

Yeah those are what im talking about. And if you have those stock then you also prob. have a 3in block in the rear instead of a 2in. That site that Dodgeman000 gave you looks like everything you will need for as high as you want to go. The kits they sell come with everything you need to do it right anyway. O and for the Unit bearings. You can do what i did and get rid of them and upgrade to a dynatrac free spin kit. Converts your front axle to a manual hub, so you have greaseable bearings.

Last edited by Kraiger; 04-29-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

First off, no 2nd dodge came with a 3" lift from the factory. You will have 3" blocks in the rear, but so does every other 2nd gen dodge (unless they were removed), they are stock blocks. If you had the off road package then you would have about 1.5-2" of lift, but since its a '95 you don't (they didn't offer that package then). So any suspension lift you purchase, the advertised lift height is what you should gain.

To gain 9" of suspension you could get the 7" Skyjacker kit and add a 2" coil spacer.

Ball joint and wheel bearing fix? Nah, just keep replacing... it does get sick after a while though.

Performance accessories has 3" bumper brackets. You could also modify the stock one like I did to make it work.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Kraiger
This is what i know.. My 01 is a sport off-road. It had a 2in factory lift. The lift was a coil spacer in the front.
The off road's had longer coils in the front (and taller in the rear), it did not come with a coil spacer from the factory. Although yours may have had them, they were not factory.

How bout some pics of the finished project anyway?!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:44 PM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALL 1500s had a block in the rear? mine doesnt and everything looks untouched

Old 04-29-2009, 02:23 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
ALL 1500s had a block in the rear? mine doesnt and everything looks untouched
4x4's anyway, not sure about the 2 by's.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
dilts646

Originally Posted by olyelr
First off, no 2nd dodge came with a 3" lift from the factory. You will have 3" blocks in the rear, but so does every other 2nd gen dodge (unless they were removed), they are stock blocks. If you had the off road package then you would have about 1.5-2" of lift, but since its a '95 you don't (they didn't offer that package then). So any suspension lift you purchase, the advertised lift height is what you should gain.

To gain 9" of suspension you could get the 7" Skyjacker kit and add a 2" coil spacer.

Ball joint and wheel bearing fix? Nah, just keep replacing... it does get sick after a while though.

Performance accessories has 3" bumper brackets. You could also modify the stock one like I did to make it work.

Mines the sport package, idk all I know is it sits the same hight as any chevy or ford with a 6 inch lift. with just a 3" body lift.? and the block in the rear is 3" so I fig. it had a stock 3" suspension lift. If I can get another 3" out of the suspension I am going to just do that and it will be lifted plenty.. So I guess I will check it out and prob. buy them coil spacer things and take the stock block out of the back and put a 6" block in there.

Do you have a link to the performance FRONT bumper bracket? I have been searching and I can not find any..

Quick Reply: Lift ?'s and random other ?'s.