2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rollpan & Aftermarket Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
95RamIT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
That one bumper on LMC truck with the quad fog and driving lights looks bada$$... I think roll pans give our trucks a really clean look. Those two together would be a sweet combo
yea i like it also but for the money id rather have the Race truck trends. BTW UPDATE:
I finally got ahold of them and they are still in business! Only thing is the prices on their website are old. The cover with the holes for lights is now $420 and the one without is $395 all plus shipping(probably 150$). Im trying to figure out which to buy this week:
-The bumper cover (~ $570 total)
-cowl induction hood from reflexxion (~$584)
-LMC parts (tailgate, rollpan, paintable stock grille & assembly) (~$597)

Im going to the All-Star race on the 16th in Charlotte so im going to stop in at Summit and pick up the after market mirrors

Ive already ordered my Hyper flex bushing kit & POR-15 paint.
Im trying to get everything ready for paint. Im DEF going to have some pics up soon too

Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Viper37
Banned

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
I am sick of this BS. Viper, if you do not have anything to add to help a member do not post, it is that simple. Everyone has their likes, in this case a member wants a different bumper and you reply with "enjoy getting rear ended". No reason for that crap.

One more post like post 2 in this thread, or any other for that matter and you are on post approval or out. Will just depend on my mood at the time.

Please, no one reply to this. Lets keep it on topic. Thanks
While we're on the topic of people not contributing to threads, why is it ok for the 4x4 crowd to continually badger me for using my 4x2 offroad? If you are going to police, better send out that same advisory to those users as well. I'm sick and tired of people making stupid comments in my threads.

If you're sick of BS, police equally and you will never hear a comment like that from me ever again.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:53 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

Originally Posted by Viper37
While we're on the topic of people not contributing to threads, why is it ok for the 4x4 crowd to continually badger me for using my 4x2 offroad? If you are going to police, better send out that same advisory to those users as well. I'm sick and tired of people making stupid comments in my threads.

If you're sick of BS, police equally and you will never hear a comment like that from me ever again.
please stop arguing, just PM him if there is an issue. Thanks

Old 04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Viper37
Banned

You aren't an administrator, don't give me commands.

OP, as far as pans go, find a local place that will do fiberglass. The pan you end up with will be much much lighter than any steel piece, and fiberglass work is easy. Heck, you could probably do it yourself. You'd get to play with some awesome chemicals as well!

Last edited by Viper37; 04-30-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

You aren't an administrator, don't give me commands.

[/quote]

I apologize, if you have an issue will you please take it to the Private message. I would not like my thread to be full of useless reading. Every time i try and search for something i find a thread that looks promising but i find out there are only maybe 5 posts out of 20 that pertain to the topic and the rest are people arguing back and fourth. It makes searching for a certain topic almost useless.

Originally Posted by Viper37
OP, as far as pans go, find a local place that will do fiberglass. The pan you end up with will be much much lighter than any steel piece, and fiberglass work is easy. Heck, you could probably do it yourself. You'd get to play with some awesome chemicals as well!
I am the OP, I can do pretty decent fiberglass but i would rather spend the money on a steel one because there is the possibility i will weld it in place. Im not doing a race nor drag truck just a truck for every once in awhile cruising and a weekend-getter. Thanks for the thoughtful advice though.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 95RamIT
yea i like it also but for the money id rather have the Race truck trends. BTW UPDATE:
I finally got ahold of them and they are still in business! Only thing is the prices on their website are old. The cover with the holes for lights is now $420 and the one without is $395 all plus shipping(probably 150$). Im trying to figure out which to buy this week:
-The bumper cover (~ $570 total)
-cowl induction hood from reflexxion (~$584)
-LMC parts (tailgate, rollpan, paintable stock grille & assembly) (~$597)

Im going to the All-Star race on the 16th in Charlotte so im going to stop in at Summit and pick up the after market mirrors

Ive already ordered my Hyper flex bushing kit & POR-15 paint.
Im trying to get everything ready for paint. Im DEF going to have some pics up soon too

Dude yea, I wanna see the stuff. When you think about it, the steel bumper yould probably be a better bet considering there is ALWAYS that small chance that a fiberglass could crack. Hell you could bump it in the right spot and it might crack. And welding a steel one always looks sexy .... Good luck

Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Dude yea, I wanna see the stuff. When you think about it, the steel bumper yould probably be a better bet considering there is ALWAYS that small chance that a fiberglass could crack. Hell you could bump it in the right spot and it might crack. And welding a steel one always looks sexy .... Good luck
yea no problem! i work for a private company that works for CSX so im constantly out of town but when i get home there will def. be a build thread.
Yea, i bought a roll pan from Styling Concepts back when i was in high school but when i put it on it wouldnt let u let the tailgate down! not enough gap between the lip and the bottom of it. Oh well, im about to orded the steel one from LMC and weld it in.
Im going to have fun when i get home

Old 04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not worry about it anymore, it has been taked care of. Happy posting.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
95RamIT
Rookie
Angry

alright guys, new update on Truck trends bumper. Im highly frustrated already with the customer service and i havent bought anything yet! I called today to order my bumper cover (http://www.rt1design.com/sitebuilder...nt-282x188.jpg) and get prices on shipping. The guy called me back and told me it would be 245$ pre paid shipping and 380$ regularly paid. WTF?? I can get a steel hood shipped to me for around ~180$. He told me last week it would probably be around 150$ for the shipping. The cost of the bumper cover is 395 so total it would be ~640 just for a **** bumper cover. The stock sport covers are cheaper...... It sucks because they are the only one i have found that has these style bumpers.....

Old 05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look on LMC's web site. www.lmctruck.com

Just looked in their spring catalog, they have roll pans for $99. Already come with primer and all.
Its on page 81 of the catalog if you pull up the web version.

Quick Reply: Rollpan & Aftermarket Bumper