2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1995 2500 V10 4X4 Overdrive Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:02 AM
microbc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 2500 V10 4X4 Overdrive Issue

I have read alot on here about 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 issues but haven't been able to find one similar to mine.

Hoping someone can help!

My truck runs great and shifts smooth through all gears but......

When I start my truck after it has sat overnight, it will shift great (including overdrive) whether I drive if 5 miles or 100 miles. The button on the dash will operate perfectly during this time.

It will go into and out of OD without any issues during this time.

Once I shut the truck off, if I restart it (either right away or after say a half hour) it will no longer shift into overdrive and the light on the dash switch will not come on if I press it to disengage the OD.

The next morning if I start it up it will work perfectly for the initial drive and then not work if I restart.

I can repeat this isssue exactly every time I use the truck.

I have good clean fluid and it is at the correct level. I have no other issues with the running of the truck.

The truck has a new TPS as it was stalling at idle (the new TPS fixed the idle issue. This OD issue existed before and after the new TPS).

The service engine light is not on and there are no codes shown doing the on/off/on/off/on check.

Any thoughts on where to look would be appriciated

Thanks,

Art

Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
microbc

I read that the speed sensor on the transmission could cause this. Does this sound like a possibility?

Any assistance would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Art

Old 05-05-2009, 09:22 PM
microbc

Are there any transmission guru's out there that might have any ideas to help me out?

Thanks,

Art

Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 PM
microbc

Can any one help me?

Quick Reply: 1995 2500 V10 4X4 Overdrive Issue