2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stroker kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:14 PM
95RamIT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker kit

http://www.campbellenterprises.com/p...ery=eag2050240

is this for our blocks?
if so has anyone heard of them ? used them?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes thats for a Magnum 360.
I was surfing their site last week after seeing someone posting the link on an Mopar musclecar/dragracing site. I had never heard of them before that or know anyone personally thats bought from them though. Good prices.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That it is for an engine that has been bored out .040 inches larger than the stock cylinder bore. Typically you only have to go .030 inches bigger to get all but the worst case cylinder bore damage removed. if you keep it at .030, most Chrysler blocks can survive even a second rebuild at .060 over. I don't think that many would fool with a block bored .080 over though, which is why .030 is so popular.

My opinion is that you should never remove more block than you have to, so I would let the machinist check it out and then tell you what he thinks you should take off the cylinders and then order your parts.

Campbell's a company that has been around for many years. They carry lots of stuff for old school mopars, but they also offer a few newer items as well. I would try to find one of the more old school mopar sections here and ask around about Campbell for a recommendation.

I will recommend KRC performance, they're more pricey, but Marty know his S*** and if you buy from him and have any problems, he'll take care of you. If you're doing something serious like rebuilding a block, I don't know if you can put a price on good help when you need it.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
Yes thats for a Magnum 360.
I was surfing their site last week after seeing someone posting the link on an Mopar musclecar/dragracing site. I had never heard of them before that or know anyone personally thats bought from them though. Good prices.
yea compared to KRC, i know some of their kits arent balanced so maybe thats a big difference. For that price im going to do some research and might just have to pick up a junk yard block hear in the near future

Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

Don't forget though, you must balance your kit, so either your going to pay to have it done or buy it pre-done.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels
That it is for an engine that has been bored out .040 inches larger than the stock cylinder bore. Typically you only have to go .030 inches bigger to get all but the worst case cylinder bore damage removed. if you keep it at .030, most Chrysler blocks can survive even a second rebuild at .060 over. I don't think that many would fool with a block bored .080 over though, which is why .030 is so popular.

My opinion is that you should never remove more block than you have to, so I would let the machinist check it out and then tell you what he thinks you should take off the cylinders and then order your parts.

Campbell's a company that has been around for many years. They carry lots of stuff for old school mopars, but they also offer a few newer items as well. I would try to find one of the more old school mopar sections here and ask around about Campbell for a recommendation.

I will recommend KRC performance, they're more pricey, but Marty know his S*** and if you buy from him and have any problems, he'll take care of you. If you're doing something serious like rebuilding a block, I don't know if you can put a price on good help when you need it.
I'm going to give them a call next week and get a little more info. I'm not sure that its for a .080 bored over block, it says that it is for a .030 bored over. I have done alot of searches through this forum and read alot on KRC. I recommend them where possible (also reasurring i have had no previous experience) but good help comes a pretty penny. If i can get a kit with reputable parts for a better price im def. going to save a few bucks. If i plan going this route and if i ever have endless amounts of $$ im going to have my uncle build it. He does alot of race applications for his Sprint car and many others so that would be good money saved. Thanks for the info though!

Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend

no, it's not for an .080 block, that would mean it was machined twice at .040 over each time.

The link you provided says .040 oversized. That's usually a larger than average overbore which is why the kit might be cheaper.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figured it was a misprint cause if its 40 over its a 410ci kit not 408 as advertised.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 PM
95RamIT
Rookie

Originally Posted by RM_Indy
I figured it was a misprint cause if its 40 over its a 410ci kit not 408 as advertised.
maaaybe, i had 2 kits open in 2 different windows and posted the wrong kit.

http://www.campbellenterprises.com/p...ery=eag2010230

sorry aim for the confusion if any, thats the one for the .030 over block i double checked this time lol

Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
dracer40

Hello Everyone,

One of your members let me know about this thread (Thanks Jeff) and I just wanted to hop in and give you a bit of quick info.

I hope it is OK to give an introduction here on the forums. If not, please have this removed and accept my sincere apology.

I am one of the owners of Motorsports Parts Corporation, the parent company of Campbell Enterprises. I have been involved with cars, and specifically high performance Mopars since back in 1978 when I first went to work for a local Chrysler / Plymouth dealership. I have built and raced all types of cars and classes, but I have always been a Mopar guy at heart and most of my race vehicles have been 1970 - 1974 Dodge Challengers.

Campbell Enterprises has been in business since 1989 and on the internet since 2000. We have never spent any money on print or TV marketing as we always have more than enough work to keep us busy so that is why many of you may not have heard of us. Just about all of our business comes from word of mouth and we like it that way. We work to provide great service, customer support, technical assistance and reasonable prices, and build long term relationships with our customers.

The good thing about not spending money on print, tv and radio media is that we can keep our prices down as we do not have to recover all that expense.

And I am one of the "old school" guys. I currently drive an 05 5.7 Hemi 4wd though so I do have something newer in the stable.

As far as the Magnum engines and replacement parts. One thing to keep in mind is that as far as the bottom end, not much has changed since Mopar went to the "LA" series small blocks back in the mid 1960s. The magnum series main differences are all top end, cylinder heads and up, and the oiling of the top end through the lifters/pushrods.

One last thing. Our charge for balancing is actually a bit on the high side and we encourage people to have the kits balanced with a local machine shop. We do not mind doing it, but we stay pretty backed up in the shop so it slows delivery time. Also, we feel it is important for people to establish a relationship with a good local machine shop, and help them out too as there are times when you need someone right there that can help. Sometimes, it just can not be done over the internet or by mail order.

Thank you all for your time and please feel free to contact us if we can be of assistance. We have been at this a long time and learned a thing or two along the way. I personally, have a ton of info still in my brain about the muscle car era vehicles and especially the B and E body cars.

I will try and remember to check out the forums here from time to time. This is the first "modern" forum I have joined. All the others are, as one of you put it, "old school"

Quick Reply: Stroker kit