2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Electrical System
Print Wikipost

Crankshaft positioning sensor....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the camshaft position sensor will trip the CEL and will really screw with the idle when its bad.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 AM
auram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please let me know if this fixes your misfires. I am having wierd a$$ misfires on 1 and 8 and also do not want to spend 100s of $$ in search of the cause. These are the only codes it is throwing and I do not think it is the cat. I am testing injectors this next week but will try the CPS first if it works for you. I am also going to check the plenum and see if that is the culprit. Thanks very much.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
DodgeCrazy88

Hey hey! It helped some what but it didn't totally take the problem away. I will also be testing injectors tomorrow. Have you checked your firing order, and i know on mine 1 and 8 are right next to each other on the cap maybe you got them crossed. Just a thought will keep you updated.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
auram

Yeah they fire right next to each other but they are not crossed up or misplaced (checked three times). So far the injector cleaner I am running has not helped so I am going to test pulsing and then swap them with some others and see if the miss follows the injectors. One problem I am running into is that we reset the codes when we put the cleaner in the tank and now it is still missing but not throwing codes. I do not have any real power loss and the misfire is hard to even notice while driving but is certainly there at idle. Please keep me informed via this thread or PM on your luck and I will do the same.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
shaneballance

hey best thang to do is take the body monts on 1 side off jack the body up about 4 ins and do it

Quick Reply: Crankshaft positioning sensor....