2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NOOB in need of HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 03:48 PM
mgv357
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 01 Mods

Id suggest (cause im on a tight budget also) buy a haynes or chilton manual. Get some cheap tools and just do tune ups and look for the general stuff. Vacuum leaks, bad gaskets and so on. I pull my plugs and inspect and re-gap them quite often. I just drove 138 miles on less than a quarter tank of gas. Plus theres no better feeling than working on your own vehicle getting to know it. Its helped me learn so much.

Good luck

Old 05-13-2009, 05:08 PM
J415
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97black_ram
I want to do this but I want to buy a spare TB just in case. Right now my trucks runs awesome since I sprayed down the TB with a can of Carb cleaner. Better throttle response
Hey, if your looking for a spare TB, I have one for sale. let me know.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:36 PM
97black_ram
Captain

Originally Posted by J415
Hey, if your looking for a spare TB, I have one for sale. let me know.
That's awesome. I sent you a PM

Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Illcochy58
Talking Holy COW

I'm didn't expect so many responses. Its not that I'm a really tight budget. Its just that I was raised to understand the sum of a dollar and Thats usally what I like things to cost. Plus if you can't do it your self why do it at all.

Also I'm planning to buy a Manual for this truck of amazon. And get most of the tune up done. I also need to replace a few of the front axle bearings. WHEN I bought her she had one wheel bearing loose and its got worse with the offroading and playing I've been doing. Plus I need to get a lift under her to. A long list with more to come. Shrug

Old 05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
97black_ram
Captain

Originally Posted by Illcochy58
I'm didn't expect so many responses. Its not that I'm a really tight budget. Its just that I was raised to understand the sum of a dollar and Thats usally what I like things to cost. Plus if you can't do it your self why do it at all.

Also I'm planning to buy a Manual for this truck of amazon. And get most of the tune up done. I also need to replace a few of the front axle bearings. WHEN I bought her she had one wheel bearing loose and its got worse with the offroading and playing I've been doing. Plus I need to get a lift under her to. A long list with more to come. Shrug
Before you by the manual, there's a thread called "Merry Christmas" that has a decent manual to get you started or give you some idea how stuff comes off.

You bought a Dodge. I was told by a member once every weekend is a truck weekend somehow and he's been right, in a good way.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Illcochy58
Default Well

I have to agree with the statements.
One nothing with dodge is cheap or free.
Two every weekend is a truck day.

Dodge makes you want to experiment and do more.

Quick Reply: NOOB in need of HELP