2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Add-a-leaf install help PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
brosnibean
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CSXfan
Thanks but I'm still confused on where to put the new leaf.
i think everyone is saying between the lowest leaf (ie shortest, closest to the axle) and the leaf above it

The leafs that I bought are a good 5" longer than the bottom leaf in the leaf pack. I have to take the pack apart don't I?
don't think so, just remove the center pin

The leafs I have are rough country 6124's
that explains it, i just put a rough country susp lift on my truck, to say the directions blow a donkey is an understatement...if i had to do it again, i would spend the extra money for skyjacker or superlift

if it still doesn't make sense, post a peecture of the aal next to the spring to maybe clarify what your confusion is

Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ther are both long and short versions availible for a rear AAL. It sounds like you have the long one, so you may have to take the pak apart and install it in the spring pack where the instructions recommend. You can do this with a couple of 9 inch C clamps and a bit extra work. Use the C clamps to draw the springs together and the center pin to keep them aligned. My AAL is between the first and second (from the top) factory leafs. I think that's where BDS had me put it.

It sounds like a PITA but it is easy with the right tools and patience. You should've recieved new spring clamps as well. If you did... don't over tighten the side bolt and collapse the sleeve because the clamps will bind and snap the leaf screw. If you didn't don't remove the rivets that hold the original clamps to the leaf.

Last edited by dsertdog56; 05-18-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Add-a-leaf install help PLEASE!