2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:02 AM
MIH Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump

Help! This is my first Dodge and the first major problem I have had. I am starting to replace the water pump. We got the fan shroud off and then the four bolts holding the fan itself on.
The nose of the fan appears to have a spring clip on it. Does this require a special tool?
I have never seen this type of clip before and not sure how it works.
In the past I have changed these out on Chevys and Fords but this is the first Dodge I am doing. Want to make sure that I get it right...the first time!
Thanks for any advice.......

Old 03-15-2005, 07:03 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: Water pump

pull the fan off the pump, don't need to mess with the spring. that's the clutch engagement spring for the fan. you will however need to pull off most of the upper end accessories to gain access to the t-stat housing and the little bypass hose. change both while your in there, the little hose, I just cut off and get a new one. the t-stat i'd change as a preventive measure unless it's fairly new.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:17 PM
MIH Racing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water pump

Thanks, as Larry the Cable Guy said, we got er done!

Thanks anyway

Quick Reply: Water pump