2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water leak

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:21 PM
700dollardodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah mine is the third brake light, PO had the window replaced then they RTVd the frame with effing WHITE... ugh... still getting that stuff off the black bits. i got the truck and had the window replaced again (all good since now it looks like a new dodges single slider instead of the old school two window style it had, and i got it for $230 installed as opposed to the $500 glass shops wanted for it) then hopped ontop of her after i saw water coming in again, def the third brake in my case.

FWIW no parts stores carry that gasket that i have found. gotta goto a dodge dealership thats not closing, less one has a few in stock, mine didnt.

my truck was garage kept until feb of this year and the seal still went bad, but ya def helps.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:53 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stuff I used to seal my thrid brake was called duck seal It is good stuff

Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 AM
GucciFlKrakker01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive got the weirds leak... got me scratching my *** in between the *** of the backseat and the back of it where the seat belts are gets soaked around the middle of it and my floors dry, my headliners dry, i checked the third brake light its still got good stripping... im lost?? only the bottom of the backseat is getting soaked??

Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get in the truck and have someone outside the truck hitting the entire back window with a water hose and you should be able to see if it's leaking somewhere. I had a pretty steady stream coming down the inside my window in heavy rain.

Quick Reply: Water leak