2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how to get stench out of the cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cereal Killer
Why don't you just stop before the hole gets to deep to climb out of...
He's a post ***** of idiotic proportions. A prime example of my stupid should be painful.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dodge15004x45.9
Mt dog does the same thing and deer ****! He loves deer ****!!
Yes, they deffinetly have an attraction for anything that stinks. Makes me wonder if dogs even mind being skunked? They probably love it...

Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a while back mine got a coon and left it close to the back deck. i went out to shoot some clay pigeons and smelled it and decided that i ought to bury it to kill the smell that was lingering in the air. after i got it buried i started to head back to the front yard and forgot my pick axe, turned around to get it and saw that dog rolling in the juices from where the coon was. the wierd part was that he had no interest in it till i buried the body, then he was all over the juices.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend

Yes, they deffinetly have an attraction for anything that stinks. Makes me wonder if dogs even mind being skunked? They probably love it...
He really love it right after he gets a bath. It helps make them not smell like a dog. So i guess the blend in better?

Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I guess things that stink actually smell good if you could smell into them. Humans only have like 7 smell receptors, and dogs have like 6000 or something insane. Blood hounds have a little bit more. Dogs can actually smell underwater. So obviously holding your breath would do nothing for bad smells if you were a dog.

Perhaps poop smells good if your nose broke it down so that you could smell everything in the poop? Like mhmm I smell chocolate, and chicken, and pot roast, and french fries, smells like bob was here about 6pm on thursday... The chicken smells about a day older than the pot roast... Hmm garlic too.

The world of smells is probably fascinating if you could smell like a dog. However to me the only time I even notice the smell of something is because it smells like ****.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ Thats why I love my nose..... Ever since I was about 4 I have no sense of smell, and I mean none. Foul odors don't bother me, but the down fall is that I can smell fluids or gas or something that could potentially do me harm.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

That's awesome actually. If I had to pick one sense to lose smell would deffinetly be it.
And if your dog ever skunks you truck it won't matter.

If I was you I'd quit showering for like a month and just drive everyone around me nuts haha...

Old 06-09-2009, 02:19 PM
brosnibean
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am sure my guy didn't dig it all...he got shot right in the face and rolled around in the grass for a good 45 minutes....just picked him up from petco (he still stinks) and realized that my truck wreaks on the outside - the truck as not too far away in the driveway when he got sprayed, pretty sure it is coated in skunk, will have to wash it tonight

Old 06-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I've never been skunked so I'm being purely speculative here...

I wonder if it wasn't the spray itself that bothered him much more than the smell? Does skunk spray just smell bad, or does it burn too? Especially the eyes and nose. Getting sprayed in they eyes by pretty much anythign that isn't water is going to irritate them.

Sorry to hear your dog still stinks. Chances are he'll look for something that stinks worse and then roll in it to try and cover up the smell...

Did you get that natures miracle stuff while you were at petco?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Aubrey
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been a hilarious thread.
My dog rolled in bear poo once. Thank goodness it was the morning after we camped for the night instead of the day before. Bear poo is some raunchy stuff.

Quick Reply: how to get stench out of the cab