2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Issue - No Park Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Riplin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issue - No Park Lights

Hello everyone,

I ran across an issue tonight and need some advice or help. I'm very diligent about always unplugging my boat trailer light before backing into water and have always done it. Tonight after pulling the boat out of the water we packed everything up and I plugged the trailer lights in and went to turn on the headlights and I had no park lamps or dash lights.

Thinking it was the boat plug making a bad connection i fiddled with the plug pulling it on and off a few times and still had nothing. I had headlights high beams and brake lights but no parks dash or tail lights.

I then checked the relevant fuses and changed them with new ones to make sure and no fuses were burnt.

I'm a little stumped cause even with the boat unhooked I still have no parks on the truck alone.

Anyone have any steps to try?

Opps forgot to mention its a '01 ram 1500 4x4 reg box.

Thanks

Riplin

Last edited by Riplin; 06-12-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention truck
Old 06-12-2009, 01:39 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

i had that problem, it was a wire that had rubbed up against the body panel and stripped the insulation, and shorted against the body

Old 06-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Riplin

Hey, I was thinking something like that too but can't understand why no fuses are burnt. Did you blow the park lamp fuse?

Thanks

Riplin

Old 06-13-2009, 12:01 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker

oh yea, my fuse blew, went thru all my 15 ampers, ran with out parking lights for nearly a month

id check for broken power, or ground wires, or the switch is bad

Old 06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Riplin

Well I I found the issue. It was a pinched wire on the trailer. Also I didn't know about the fuse box under the hood till I read the manual. The 15amp park lamp one was blown in there.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Electrical Issue - No Park Lights