2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

another reason why i love having a truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 02:50 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default another reason why i love having a truck

yes, this is yet another reason why i love having a truck: today is oil changing day for both vehicles(wife's '04 cavalier and my truck). well let me tell ya, changing the oil and especially the oil filter in a cavalier, sucks! not only is it a car so you have to jack it up to get underneath, but the oil filter is a pain! its one of those screw on cap paper things. and as i'm taking this off, i realize i dont have a big enough socket to do it with. so i take the air tube off to get leverage on it with pliers, and low and behold, i find oil pooling in the air tube and the intake. i'm assuming this isn't normal. anybody have any opinions or suggestions? any help is appreciated. thanks!

p.s. oil change/filter change was successful, just curious about the oil pooling.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I assume you are talking about the air intake tube that is connected to the maf sensor? If you are, my 95 vw cabrio has the same prob. Every so often I remove the hose and clean it out in my parts washer and then remove the MAF and use MAF sensor cleaner made by CRC (silver can) and clean it too.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:52 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

yes, it does have a maf sensor connected to it i believe. i was just curious why its doing what its doing. i could care less as long as it doesnt screw anything up

Old 06-13-2009, 03:54 PM
wjxavier
Record Breaker

sorry, double posted.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:27 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's blow by for the most part and the way it is designed, on the vw I have, there are other various hose from the engine connected to that hose, or at least near by. So they could be causing the oil to get back up there. And the reason I use the MAF sensor cleaner is so it doesn't cause any other probs. The oil can cause the MAF to go bad, been there done that.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Was the Cavi a 2.2?

Nevermind. That is a stupid filter.

Quick Reply: another reason why i love having a truck