2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to raise up the rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009 | 05:49 PM
hometheaterman
|
Champion
Default How to raise up the rear seat?

For you guys that have raised up your rear seat for whatever reason how did you do it? What's the best way to do it and still have it remain safe? I want to raise mine a few inches.

Old 06-18-2009 | 05:54 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

if you raise it then the tabs on the back won't go into the slots on the back wall and it'll flop forward. you would have to extend those and i think some steel tubing would be about the best way (if you only want a couple inches).

Old 06-18-2009 | 07:15 PM
hutch1973
Captain

To second what he said. Wouldn't be hard to put something for a spacer on the base brackets, but you would have to redo the clips. Just pulled up this pic from when I had mine gutted to see if you could just move up the factory ones, but due to the angle of the cab, probably have to make something new for it to work right.

Old 06-18-2009 | 10:52 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Hell, I cut a ruler into pieces and placed it underneath the tabs on the sides of the seat. Only gave me about half an inch, but it just happened to be enough to build my subwoofer box and make it fit.

Hutch - The inside of your truck looks Rhino-lined... Am I seeing things? Or is that actually Rhinoliner?

Old 06-18-2009 | 11:17 PM
hometheaterman
|
Champion

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Hell, I cut a ruler into pieces and placed it underneath the tabs on the sides of the seat. Only gave me about half an inch, but it just happened to be enough to build my subwoofer box and make it fit.

Hutch - The inside of your truck looks Rhino-lined... Am I seeing things? Or is that actually Rhinoliner?
How tall did you build your sub box so that it fit under there?

Old 06-18-2009 | 11:26 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

Well, I don't remember the exact specs, but I believe the rear of the box (farthest behind the seat) was around 3-4 inches tall. I had to raise it to that height in order for my subs to fit correctly in the box. I really don't remember the front... I believe it was like 8 inches??? Whatever the height of the seat after I raised it is how high mine is. It's a cut-fit process. Length was cut to fit just between the black handles that lift the seat. My speakers fire downward though, not forward.

Quick Reply: How to raise up the rear seat?