2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

check engine light/air conditioner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 AM
stir22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default check engine light/air conditioner

hi, first time to the forum. i have a dodge 2000 3/4 ton with the v-10 engine. three weeks ago, when i turned on the air conditioner the check engine light came on. i took it to my mechanic who cleared the error with his gizmo, yesterday (the next time i drove it) the same thing happened. also, three weeks ago when it happened, the cruise control went out. coincidence? now when i turn the cruise on the little "cruise" word under the odometer doesn't come on. thank you very much.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a check engine light a while back when i turned on my a/c too. they replaced the clock spring and that didn't work even though the code showed it as being the fault. Mine somehow had a short in the wiring that tripped the light whenever i engaged the a/c.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:31 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What was the code? And you might want to look under the battery tray and see if the hoses for the CC module are cracked or rotted from battery acid. Or the module itself for that matter.

Quick Reply: check engine light/air conditioner