2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Maplight problem for noob

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 PM
BD APL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maplight problem for noob

Hello. I'm a noob here and am hoping I can find as much good info here as on my usual motorcycle forum. I've been the proud owner of a 99 1500 since she was new. I've just recently developed a problem with the passenger maplight. It no longer will "push in, then pop out". It rattles loose in or out. Seems like a spring is broken or something. However the real problem is that now the damn light is intermittently coming on. Even if my ignition isn't on. That worries me b/c who wants a dead battery?! Here's the big question: I can't figure out how to get to the bulb. The dome light was easy, but I can't seem to figure out how to pop it out. I suspect this is an easy fix, I'm just not seeing it. Thanks in advance for the help.

BD APL

Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are two screws towards the front of the OVH that you need to remove, then you can slide it back and drop the whole assembly. More than likely, you knocked the little plastic frame out of whack, and that's what stopped it from clicking on and off. Should also be your on and off problem too.

Quick Reply: Maplight problem for noob