2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A/C electrical problem??

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009 | 10:48 PM
donnyrob
|
Default A/C electrical problem??

I've got a 97 1500 4x4 that I just pulled the engine out of and replaced the freeze plugs. When I got everything back together the A/C didn't work. The compressor won't engage. I left the compressor connected and all the lines intact when I pulled the engine so I wouldn't have to recharge it. It still has pressure in the system. I have bypassed the pressure switches just to make sure and still nothing. I'm getting power to one of the switches but no power to the compressor. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Old 06-26-2009 | 01:22 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Old 06-26-2009 | 11:44 AM
donnyrob
|
Smile

Originally Posted by donnyrob
I've got a 97 1500 4x4 that I just pulled the engine out of and replaced the freeze plugs. When I got everything back together the A/C didn't work. The compressor won't engage. I left the compressor connected and all the lines intact when I pulled the engine so I wouldn't have to recharge it. It still has pressure in the system. I have bypassed the pressure switches just to make sure and still nothing. I'm getting power to one of the switches but no power to the compressor. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
I got in it this morning, turned the defroster on and realized that it was working. I switched it over to regular A/C and it is still working. Hopefully it will keep working.

Quick Reply: A/C electrical problem??