2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

To all those with dash caps...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

from what i have seen the catty attitude calms down around age 22-23 but they never get tired of gossip and being nosey.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM
moze229
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I finally got it done. I'm still not really satisfied with the fit of the bezel cover, but sometimes you just have to take a deal and cut your losses. The dash cap fits well and matches well. As mentioned, I also purchased the bezel COVER that goes over the original piece of crap. DO NOT DO THIS unless you just enjoy working and reforming plastics. It does not fit well. You have to make it fit. I've spent a lot of time off and on over the last couple of months getting it to where it is now. After filing, sanding, filing, sanding, cutting, filing, and sanding some more, I got it to look OK. Save your money (time is money) and buy the original bezel if you need it replaced. At twice the price, it's well worth the money - trust me.

I have some pictures, but not really any of the dash cover. I thought I already posted some of those and apparently I didn't. I'm not taking any more pictures today. This is what I ended up with.

Last edited by moze229; 04-02-2011 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Not complete
Old 10-03-2009, 06:06 PM
moze229
Rookie

So here's a shot of the cap before I got the bezel done. In this picture, the dash cap looks like an exact match but it's actually a tad lighter than the rest of the interior.

So that's it - I'm done. I'm not messing around with the crap anymore. I'll just leave it till the truck doesn't run anymore. Then it will be time for a new one.

Matt

Old 10-29-2009, 07:03 PM
jakehale

Moze229,,,

where did you get the cap? Am correct in that what you bought just goes over the original one?

Im getting in the mood to do something about my busted dash and from what i hear replacing it completly is quite the job (and moola), so a cover might be a better ideal.

enjoyed your thread it was very informative.

Jake

Quick Reply: To all those with dash caps...