2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what way to go????

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:55 AM
SmokeGrinder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

somewhere along the last year purpl got mature all of a sudden...wierd...

anyway..

i agree with him, its all up to your taste. I find it just as pointless having a high lifted truck as to a slammed truck. im a fan of 33's myself. its up to you though.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 AM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To some degree, lifting a truck has tangible benefits and can enhance a truck in what it was designed to do so long as it is within reason (notice my truck is leveled, not lifted). Lowering a truck rarely results in enhancing it. I like a nice lowered car or motorcycle, but I find nothing appealing about a lowered truck. I've always been one for function over form and usefullness over trend. Of course it is up to each one's personal tastes as fars as what they do to their truck, but the OP asked for opinions. Now he has mine.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:32 AM
distinctRAMifications

hey everyone thanks for the feedback thats what i wanted to hear!! you see i have customized a few cars the first was my 2001 corolla, an 89 crx SI, a 98 dodge neon, a 99 and 2000 crown vic, a 2000 mazda protege, and a 96 sunfire and every car had rules of the street lol you know the import sceene called tacky parts/installs "ricey" like a vtec badge on a nissan, or a stick on fender scoop was "ricey", and i know its my truck and in the end it boils down to what "I" like but everyone wants a nice car/truck and i want to do my build up in good taste, i figured a 2 WD truck with a suspention lift, body lift, brush gaurds, winch, drop hitch, 4x4 badge is totaly gay, i would never do that and make myself the laughing stock of the community. And im not saying i want to scrape the reflectors of the highway either. I just wanted to hear all of your opinions because i searched cardomain and the forums and found very few 2nd gen 1500 crew cab rams with the "sport/mini truck" look, and wondered why?? plus it makes for good conversation on here....

Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by distinctRAMifications
hey everyone thanks for the feedback thats what i wanted to hear!! you see i have customized a few cars the first was my 2001 corolla, an 89 crx SI, a 98 dodge neon, a 99 and 2000 crown vic, a 2000 mazda protege, and a 96 sunfire and every car had rules of the street lol you know the import sceene called tacky parts/installs "ricey" like a vtec badge on a nissan, or a stick on fender scoop was "ricey", and i know its my truck and in the end it boils down to what "I" like but everyone wants a nice car/truck and i want to do my build up in good taste, i figured a 2 WD truck with a suspention lift, body lift, brush gaurds, winch, drop hitch, 4x4 badge is totaly gay, i would never do that and make myself the laughing stock of the community. And im not saying i want to scrape the reflectors of the highway either. I just wanted to hear all of your opinions because i searched cardomain and the forums and found very few 2nd gen 1500 crew cab rams with the "sport/mini truck" look, and wondered why?? plus it makes for good conversation on here....
Thats interesting...because I see one of those lowered quad cabs parked up the road from me. It's hispanic owned ( "beaner"? pfftttt ), and other than a faded paint job it looks awesome. I would own it...paint it white like my 4x4, put a gray interior in it and have the best of both worlds.

Last edited by dsertdog56; 07-02-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
96rumbledodge
Veteran

i like the look of a sporty truck liftings not for me but than again eather is lowering you can always make the truck have a good stance by a level kit and some nice wheels and just clean the truck up nice with a few other accesories but thats just my opinion and the rout im gonna go but i would first fix some of the problems dodge is known to have aka plenum tranny ect.
hope that helps!!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:16 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

somewhere along the last year purpl got mature all of a sudden...wierd...
I just hate it when people fight over lifted or lowered. I just had to set it straight.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:55 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Is an S-10 a truck? I always thought they were Chevettes with a bed. LOL

Old 07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by zman17
is an s-10 a truck? I always thought they were chevettes with a bed. Lol
ha! Zing!!

Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 PM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Don't slam it or anything, but lowered down just a bit with some fatter meats under there would look good.

Squishy1010's Ram

CaptainCamelToe's Ram

And ofcourse RM-Indy's Ram
www.RM-Indy.com

I think they look great, and would consider doing it but I don't want to sacrifice payload and towing capabilities.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Miami_Son
Banned

All of those trucks are still relatively functional (especially Indy's at a drag strip) and look good. My comments were more about trucks like this:

While fine in a show environment they are not exactly practical for much else. If you want to build a show truck, fine, but if you plan to drive it on the street it should have at least basic functionality. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Miami_Son; 07-02-2009 at 07:03 PM.