2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NEW TO DF / 01 Dodge Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:30 AM
01-RAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TO DF / 01 Dodge Issues

First thanks for ALL the great information on the site! Very Well Done
It appears that my dodge does have a few issues, I have not noticed excessive oil usage (122K) but there is a serious lack of low end power, my crazy vents (have replaced several lines, haven't found the right one yet) 4x4 engauges no issues but the throttle will not kick down on cruise.

Any advice would be great, BTW - Western NC location here.

JOHN

Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check out the vacuum lines that go to your cad unit on the front axle and check the lines that go on top of the transfer case. i just found out mine were unplugged yesterday and mine has seemed like its kind of underpowered and in cruise it just looses speed going up a hill, then gets it back when i level out.

check out the pictures on this down toward the end and you will see the vac lines that i'm talking about.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ild-vents.html

Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

He says the 4wd engages fine. I would look under the battery tray for a bad hose to the cruise control module, if you have CC

Old 07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Ram_Me
Captain

Originally Posted by zman17
He says the 4wd engages fine. I would look under the battery tray for a bad hose to the cruise control module, if you have CC
How do you check the CC module? Is it easy to take it off without breaking it?I have a vac leak too. I thought I had solved it with the check valve fix, but it came back after about two weeks. Is it possible that the new check valve went bad after that long? I guess it's worth a try to put a new check valve in anyway.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another answer to the wild vents can be found here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ild-vents.html
Welcome to the forums. Your oil loss is more than likely caused by the Plenum gasket blowing out. You can replace with stock, and expect to do this procedure again, or you can spend an extra $90 and get a hugh's plate that is aluminum matching the intake manifold thus eliminating the plenum problem.
There is a good DIY write up in the DIY sticky at the top of the page.

Old 07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
01-RAM
Default Update and THANKS

First Thanks for all the replies, working the isssues out,,,
Bad News the carrier bearing is bad in the rearend, replacing all the bearings at once local shop says around $500 including the labor, ya'll think that is a good deal??
BTW - Sheriff - Lt. Here , with that extra bar do you get better gas mileage??? Thanks Capt.

Quick Reply: NEW TO DF / 01 Dodge Issues