2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Newbie question on new (to me) '95 1500

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha, that engine sounds like the only difference we have (i gots the 318)
one thing you need to do is look down the TB and check the plenum for oil pooling...wait so do i (que Homer Simpson dohhh)

Old 07-29-2009, 01:57 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

send an email off here and in the first line write "request for build sheet and recall info" and they wil email you a build sheet and tell if any recalls need performed or have been

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...ull&category=U

Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mderka
THANK YOU for the informative response. I had not noticed the DIY link. Very helpful. I will definitely look into all those things to try and improve my new addition. Thanks again.

See, that wasn't so hard
actually come to think of it, my momma never told me that, or at least i dont remember

and btw, i am liable to be a bastard sometimes

Old 07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mderka
I know its a 15 year old truck, but where would I start with trying to firm up the steering and getting a firmer feel to the front suspension? I will have a wheel balance and alignment (the car does shimmy a bit at 45-50mph).
so is it a dodge ram truck or a dodge ram car? that statement is a little conflicting.
i'm just messin with ya. so with the truck, get under the front end and inspect all your rubber bushings, if they're worn out you will have squishy steering and maybe a slight shimmy. also while you're under there grab the tie rods and give them a good shake while paying attention to the pivot points. rotation is fine but if any of them can jiggle/move in the socket then its bad.

if you really want to stiffen up the suspension then you can go with the energy suspension polyeurothane bushing kit. the only drawback to polyeurothane is that they squeak if they aren't greased regularly. i'm eventually going to do poly bushings myself and i don't care about the squeaking, my exhaust will drown it out.

one other thing you can do is take one end of your steering stabilizer loose and see if it pushes in easily, if it does then its bad.

oh yeah, one last thing, shocks will help handling if yours are bad to begin with. plan on about 200$ for a good set. the most referred shock on this forum is the bilsteins. i got sensa tracs and i like them a lot better than the stock shocks with 124k on em'.

Quick Reply: Newbie question on new (to me) '95 1500