2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My wings have holes in them!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:15 PM
gibbo01ram2500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My wings have holes in them!!

So If you want to read the long story below you can but my main question is does anyone know a place to order new doors for an 01 dodge 2500 crew cab besides LMC (I found out they dont have them the hard way, read below)?

Story: so as many of you know the dodge truck has a tendency for lower rust on the doors. Mix in snow and plowing and my doors on my 01 look like swiss cheese now. So one night I leave my truck at my folks house figuring that would be a safe place to leave it, well it wasnt. I get a call around 10pm from my sister saying that someone just side swiped the truck but luckily for me they stopped and they got the insurance info. Well I get there the next day and he hit my front passenger side fender and door. I get an insurance estimate and I get around 2400. Nice, I figure I will buy the fender and both doors (been looking at them in the LMC catalog for a while so I knew how much they were) and paint them myself. I order everything and it comes in, everything looks great. I build a little spray booth and start priming, painting, and clearcoating. All done and I start bolting stuff up. Fender goes on no problem. Start with the passenger side door. Get it bolted up and try to close it, guess what wrong door. Check the paperwork and the packaging and I got what I ordered. Well the problem is the catalog says it is for a standard cab and crew cab but guess what? Its not! Only for standard cabs. It had been almost 7 months from the time I placed the order. Its a little cold in MA during the winter to paint stuff. Luckily LMC had another customer have the same problem but they dont take it back if you have already painted it. So I beg and plead telling them that i didnt screw up and the door looks perfect except for the bottom corner. Send in pics of what I am talking about. They finally say they will take them back if I strip them and reprime them. Now the doors were 800 bucks I have 200 worth of paint on them so I have to strip them and send them back. Everything went smoothly with the return, so far. Just waitng for the dough to show back up in my checking account. So thats how I found out LMC doesnt have my doors (the hard way) and why i am looking for new ones.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://car-part.com/

put in your info and hit search. theres a few in ma.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:20 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, sounds like a lot of work to have to do it again, At least your getting most of your money back

Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer? I know that's a foul word here, but if you want new there's very little options out there. If it were me, I would start junk yard shopping, since you seem to know how to prep and paint, it might be a good idea.

Quick Reply: My wings have holes in them!!