2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

projector lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 AM
ulisdodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking projector lights

Bought these projector lights with two projectors for high and low beam and 2 halo rings
and these three leds. Plug and play no! I have a 1999 SLT Laramie with factory fog lights.
Now my problems - The blue light for high beam comes up when I turn on the light in both cases - high and low beam - no more green light. Second the factory fog lights only work in the parking position. Third the halo rings glow in the dark without any switch is on different from time to time (one or two on the left side or two on the right side and one on the left side) just as they like. Anyone out there who had the same problems and solved them?`

Actual wireing: Plugged in the connector and connected these three white cables to the parking lightand black to ground.

Nice day from Germany

Uli

Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG There is a few threads with a guy having the same problem, Plus there more for looks than work.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
RAZRAM
Professional

wiring up the projector headlights is a hassle and its all about trial and error but its worth it when you figure it out. Atleast with the ones that i have. just keep testing it out, if you had the same ones as i do i could be a help. And from my personal experience they are both looks and performance. super bright.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ulisdodge
Bought these projector lights with two projectors for high and low beam and 2 halo rings
and these three leds. Plug and play no! I have a 1999 SLT Laramie with factory fog lights.
Now my problems - The blue light for high beam comes up when I turn on the light in both cases - high and low beam - no more green light. Second the factory fog lights only work in the parking position. Third the halo rings glow in the dark without any switch is on different from time to time (one or two on the left side or two on the right side and one on the left side) just as they like. Anyone out there who had the same problems and solved them?`

Actual wireing: Plugged in the connector and connected these three white cables to the parking lightand black to ground.

Nice day from Germany

Uli
Yep, I just had this exact problem. Shipped the lights back because the halos were messed up. As for your head lights, the wiring is not plug and play as you mentioned. You need to make an adapter to switch around the wiring.

Read through my thread.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...need-help.html

Quick Reply: projector lights