2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

time for the plenum job!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:43 PM
frankie27
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up time for the plenum job!!!

well i just picked up my felpro gasket kit and felpro valve cover gasket kit which is burly!! and bypass hose, so i think im ready for the tear down. im not the most mechanical person but i know my way around alright so well see how it goes!!! so maybe you guys wont have to hear me wine and b#%$! about my poor truck first thing tomorrow morning it starts.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:55 PM
99_ramsport
Rookie

Originally Posted by frankie27
well i just picked up my felpro gasket kit and felpro valve cover gasket kit which is burly!! and bypass hose, so i think im ready for the tear down. im not the most mechanical person but i know my way around alright so well see how it goes!!! so maybe you guys wont have to hear me wine and b#%$! about my poor truck first thing tomorrow morning it starts.

wish i had someone local to help with mine...most likely just going to have the shop fix it... they break something they fix it not me... lol

Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 PM
frankie27
Rookie

i know a guy that use to work for a dodge dealer for 15+ years going to help me out for a case of beer some lunch and maybe alittle cash? its hard to convince the wife to spend all that money on my truck to fix it, they think there is more important s&!* to spend it on! i told her theres nothing more important!!!!! you can guess where that went. LOL, so thankfully i know this guy!

Old 08-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just slow down and take your time. Another good thing to do is take lots of pictures. It will help you to see how everything goes back together. Just take a pic after every item you remove. Makes life much easier.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:08 PM
frankie27
Rookie
Thumbs up

very good idea! probably wouldve had some bolts left over LOL!
speaking of bolts is it bad to reuse your old bolts? I just called the parts store where i picked my plenum kit up, to see if they had new bolts but of course they dont and come to find out they gave me they plenum kit for a 97 ram, which are not the same part, its a good thing i called them back or i would have had it all apart and not the right s!@*, wouldve been alittle upset!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck

Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
Trey318
Captain

I think the intake bolts are TTY so Id replace em. Oreillys had to order them for me, but they got em in like 3 hours.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
frankie27
Rookie
Smile

ill keep you guys posted on the out come, i know alot of people post there problems, then when they fix them you dont here how they fixed it, i will probably drink a beer or five through out the process then i got to drive mint truck, workin to jobs every day 18 hour days, to pay for my boy to go to preschool, he better appreciate it, i could be gettin alot of things for my truck!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:23 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you getting or have a new belly pan?..good luck btw

Old 08-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Ram15002ndGen
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 99_ramsport
wish i had someone local to help with mine...most likely just going to have the shop fix it... they break something they fix it not me... lol
I know what you mean. I have been down that road with vehicles that were so damn hard to work on that I had to take them to the shop. Now every car I buy I make sure it's backyard mechanic friendly. My wife had a 89 Pontiac Grand Am from before we met and one day that thing decided to blow a head gasket. It was a POS and a PITA to work on. Had a shop repair the heads, and when I come to pick it up the entire engine bay paint was all scratched up like crazy. I was so pissed, but they look at you like "So what?". Every week something would brake on that car. Had a big fight with the wife when she came home a found a FOR SALE sign I put on it. I was fed up blowing money on the POS.

Originally Posted by frankie27
workin to jobs every day 18 hour days, to pay for my boy to go to preschool, he better appreciate it, i could be gettin alot of things for my truck!!!!
Nah, they never appreciate it. I have a 9 year old and they think money grows on trees. Of coarse mothers always want to coddle them so that doesn't help any.

Quick Reply: time for the plenum job!!!