2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Big misconception on my part...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:44 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big misconception on my part...

So last week I mentioned that my dash has been crumbling apart fairly rapidly. I have always heard that you either replace the dash (I assumed the entire dash as I have seen it before) or you glue a cap overtop of yours such as a coverlay etc. I never had the money (and still don't) to have to worry about it but my current situation made me look into it at least... Well after I examined my dash a little closer, I realized that the top "cap" is definately not part of the entire dash as I have been under assumption of since I joined this website. I ran across a dash on ebay which is a brand new mopar dash which isn't a glue type, but rather the original Hopefully they have fixed the quality of the dash although I won't hold my breath. It took 8 years to get where that dash is today... so I figure it might be worth it. Like I said I don't have the cash right now but at least I know what I am going to do when I get some extra money. Actually given the current amount of group buy's being attempted I am surprised that we don't have one for one of the most common problems with our trucks.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 AM
2001Ram
Captain

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
So last week I mentioned that my dash has been crumbling apart fairly rapidly. I have always heard that you either replace the dash (I assumed the entire dash as I have seen it before) or you glue a cap overtop of yours such as a coverlay etc. I never had the money (and still don't) to have to worry about it but my current situation made me look into it at least... Well after I examined my dash a little closer, I realized that the top "cap" is definately not part of the entire dash as I have been under assumption of since I joined this website. I ran across a dash on ebay which is a brand new mopar dash which isn't a glue type, but rather the original Hopefully they have fixed the quality of the dash although I won't hold my breath. It took 8 years to get where that dash is today... so I figure it might be worth it. Like I said I don't have the cash right now but at least I know what I am going to do when I get some extra money. Actually given the current amount of group buy's being attempted I am surprised that we don't have one for one of the most common problems with our trucks.
Do you have the part number that we could look up?

Old 09-06-2009, 12:36 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I told you that Elf man. maybe Jason will see that and post the one I mentioned

Old 09-06-2009, 12:37 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Old 09-06-2009, 12:51 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
I told you that Elf man. maybe Jason will see that and post the one I mentioned
Elf man? You must be the big green giant!

Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

HO HO HO Green Giant LOL

Greg btw you need a non camera phone avatar pic

Old 09-06-2009, 01:04 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why, hell I don't event have one lol.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:28 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Green Giant, The only issue I have with the link you posted is the last two reviews for the dash on a dodge ram. I took a screen shot that I am trying to post but for some reason photobucket won't work. I can't see spending that kind of money and have a poor fit and thats why I guess I will be at the mercy of dodge, not to mention that dash comes black where as the mopar dash would be color matched already and is only slightly more expensive. Here is the link I found on ebay that I was talking about earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...=p4506.c0.m245

Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Gotcha

Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, it it is a new Mopar piece then it has to be the upgraded top. If it was one of the older dashes it should be labeled as "NOS".

Just got the pics to load up. Has to be the new dash. Look at the ribs on the underside. The original dashes didnt have that.

Quick Reply: Big misconception on my part...