2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just Finished My Dodge. Now Need HP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Finished My Dodge. Now Need HP

Well been working on my project dodge forever... I bought it when it was scraped paint and exterior shot to hell. Feel free to compliment on my work if you wish ha . Any yes this is a chammillion paint job and it was very hard to do.
Heres what it looked like a month ago ( I basically putting this picture in cuz it shows the candy apple green paint very well.
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/lifteddodge2.jpg/
I just bought new wheels and tires though... So this is what its looking like now. The camera date wont change, its showing the day i bought the camera. And those are 42's if your wondering
http://img201.imageshack.us/i/dodgelift.jpg/

Okay so far in it I have a 360. Put 4.56 gears in it to get this thing rolling. Added a cold Airraid intake and a throttle body spacer (TB spacer is Fing pointless). Next I added 2 dual 15 inch Flex a lite fans (Things blow massive air). Next I put some gibson short headers with a magnaflow cat and dual super 44 off road series exhaust with turn downs. Some other little pointless stuff that probly doesnt matter that i cant remember.

Im putting pretty good HP out for it being a wimpy 360 but I've been working while in school and have finally saved up enough to put a pretty good down payment on a new chevy silverado. Any don't hate on the nice stuff. I did the shaving, lift kit installation, and little mods done all by myself with the minimum wage i make while in highschool. no help from parents . This truck was nothing when i bought it.

So im making this into my show truck now since it wont get drove that much.. Im thinking rockers and cam next? Maybe yall have any other ideas. Not wanting to go all out like a supercharger. But lemme know what yall are thinking. Im probly going to spend a little over a grand on the engine, maybe 2. just lemme know what you guys think.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Hahns5.2
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be aware that you're going to need adjustable rockers (not the bolt on pedestal mount HS 1.7s like I and many others use) if you also swap a cam unless you run the exact length push rods.

I'd also recommend an SCT tuner with unlimited tunes, especially if you do a cam swap and also an M1 intake manifold.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:49 AM
dakotas ram
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why put $ in the engine if its a show truck?

Old 09-09-2009, 12:59 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
I'd also recommend an SCT tuner with unlimited tunes, especially if you do a cam swap and also an M1 intake manifold.
I hate to say it, I agree with Hahns. The reason its "wimpy" is you've got stock programming with all those modifications. You need the SCT, so the computer will actually use those upgrades.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice truck !! sct all the way man

Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Mechanik

Looks like the pass door needs some adjusting. Or maybe it's just the paint job that's giving me an illusion?

Nice truck though. Too shiny for me, but nice looking that's for sure.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
DODGEPWR
Veteran

Your gonna make a truck like that a show truck?!? What a shame!

Where's the tail lights? Dont much like that look myself. But whatever you like i guess. Other than that its a pretty badass truck IMO. Should be a mud truck.. Nice work!

Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Hammer Down
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you did one hell of a job. Beautiful truck, man!

Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran

Yes my definition of a show truck is it doesn't see interstate. Doesnt mean I wont go try to get stuck somehwere (even though it wont) and of course i will drive it around town to show off but its not going to be my daily driver. and I compete in competitions where looks arnt everything. they grade on performance parts too. Kinda like having a lamborghini with a 4 cyclinder engine, yeah the cars cool but dude u want horsepower.

The tail lights are shaved cuz its a car show thing. People like smooth bodys that flow. Thats why i shaved roll pan, tailgate handle, tail lights, and door handles. I love the look of a smooth truck.

I have a superchip tuner but agreen with getting a sct but there a pretty big investment and apparently dont you have to run like 93 or it ping real bad? we only have 91 around here.

And I was thinking harland sharp rockers? why can't I just get the bolt ons...?

plus whats the m1 intake manifold going to throw my way. HP wise i mean.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran

yeah i never noticed why the door looks weird. good eye though. naw the door is perfect the picture i guess just took a bad shot.

I couldn't tell a big difference btw when I put the superchip in and had a local shop tune it.

Its putting out quite a bit of HP but after putting a 13 inch lift on it I could beat a moped. haha jk i outran a 2008 v6 mustang the first day i put the tires on but once my 4.56 gears became useless once i hit my last gear he blew by me. back without my lift and tires i would have dominated. so i figured its time to step this engine up to match the looks of the truck.

How much you think my truck is worth? Guess how much I have invested and or stole to make it look good. haha jk on the steal... but seriously

Quick Reply: Just Finished My Dodge. Now Need HP