2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone bypass their RWAL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 01:37 AM
jumpsquid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean, to get the components from a junk yard and patch 'em in the dodge trucks.. My rear brakes get no pressure at all, and have been boiling water for years. I just replaced the front brakes again, after eating through them, ... it took two years to wear through lifetime warranty brakes, again.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

ABS systems are far to integrated into the rest of the electrical system to transplant one from another make. Would be simple matter to bypass the RWAL on our trucks though, all it is is a block with a couple solenoids on it. Of course, that would probably have your ABS lite coming on on a fairly regular basis.

You need to figger out why your rears aren't doing anything though...... I doubt that is a product of the abs.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:03 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
ABS systems are far to integrated into the rest of the electrical system to transplant one from another make. Would be simple matter to bypass the RWAL on our trucks though, all it is is a block with a couple solenoids on it. Of course, that would probably have your ABS lite coming on on a fairly regular basis.

You need to figger out why your rears aren't doing anything though...... I doubt that is a product of the abs.
+1. Fix the problem, don't bypass a good safety feature, would be my recommendation as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Lil blee
Rookie

I had the same problem. Just took it to get a brake job(I usually do it myself) and had them adjust for me. Or you can google the procedures to adjust it yourself. Just involves taking the rear wheels of and a flat head screw driver. But recently I'm getting lazy

Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Hylander7
Professional

I have by passed my RWAL, very simple, took all of 2 minutes.
I had braking issues and replaced every part in the system except the RWAL control.
By passed it and all is right with the world again.
I have never liked anti-lock on any vehicle.

Quick Reply: Anyone bypass their RWAL?