2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 11:10 AM
wjxavier
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the way i would do it would be this. like lastrights said, put one cat for each pipe. have a H-pipe before the cats and drill a hole for a o2 bung. that should do perfectly fine right there, plus its legal AND will pass emmissions.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok so, as for the guy with the bad english said, run the long tubes, and then a flange, with a peice of pipe with flanges at both ends.. so you can run straight for play time... and when it comes time to do what the rules say,,, unbolt to pipe, and have another set fo pipes with cats on them,,, and bolt those in, drive for alittle while, get the comp reset after its 80 somethin miles,,, and then go pass the inspection, then once done, switch back,, but i dont feel like doing all that work...

as for what lastrights said, i understand the precat H-pipe. but that only goes for the front o2, the rear o2 controls part of your A/F ration, so i need to probably put another H-pipe or even and X pipe, pre and post with the o2's in them... anyone got a set up like this... just to make sure this will still pass... ... here in a few i will draw something of what i want.. now just to give a warning, my paint skill sucks, but i will try...

Old 09-12-2009, 01:43 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well im not going to be doing H pipe withthe longtubes, i will be running X pipe with 2 cats no mufflers

Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well i tried to paint it, and figured out i got really bad t not painting,, im badaas at bumpers but not so much this... and i dont know how to put it on here the right way... so just to explain... run the long tube headers, cut outs ASAP for when i run the mud bogs,,, and the on the left bank, turrn it 90* as if the stock pipe ran, and then another 90* as it sits beside the right banks pipe, then an Xpipe with bung in it for o2, then my two cats, X pipe, and then two glass packs, and then pipes to go out 45* behind rear tires... or in front of the rear axle, basicly dump after glasspacks, but i want a full exhaust... so probably after the rear tires, the spare is a 37" TSL so it has to go in the bed anyway... what do you guys think?

Last edited by meanwhitemopar; 09-12-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: im an idiot
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 AM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make it simpler, delete the cutouts, and glasspacks, and just run straight pypes all the time

Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well teh cut outs will probably go...but thats not what im worried about... i want to see if you guys think that o2 setup would work... and by NC State law, i have to have some sort of a muffler... so i go wiht glasspacks... leave them in for a few months... let teh glass burnout, then make then jsut like there is nothing there....

Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ill be taking off my cutout because i will be needing (2) cutouts if i ran x pipe. right now im running a y-pipe with no cats (1) cutout .

Old 09-13-2009, 05:22 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

cut outs are nice to play with, but then they just get stupid... and they are a pain in the aass,,, so i will probably run the two Xpipes, but again, i want to make srue this will work...

oh and does anyone know where i can get xpipes ith bungs already in them?so i dont have to fab it up

Old 09-13-2009, 05:23 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

cut outs are nice to play with, but then they just get stupid... and they are a pain in the aass,,, so i will probably run the two Xpipes, but again, i want to make srue this will work...

oh and does anyone know where i can get xpipes ith bungs already in them?so i dont have to fab it up

Quick Reply: exhaust stuff