2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wants to lift truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 05:38 PM
speeddemon31176
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only "right" way to lift your truck since it is two wheel drive is to either put a leveling kit in the front or go with a complete pre-runner lift that was designed for your truck. The big issue just for safety reasons of not mixing parts toether to get the look you want is that different companies manufacture their parts differently due to patent laws and for different designs for alternate usage. If you mix parts from different companies and those parts are designed for different uses then you will create yourself all kinds of problems and expenses to correct it which will bring you right back to step one of spending a bundle to fix what you have done. You can pick up a pre-runner kit for most trucks for around 300 bucks which is money well spent in my eyes to not have to go around buying more and more parts to put it all together.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Gav1n8
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i second meanwhite... Mine was pieced together... Its nearly impossible to buy a lift kit over 9 inches in a box. Typically there built.

go to some mudding competitions where people are rolling serious lifts of 15 inches and higher... None are bought. Most are pieced together due to the fact companys don't make lift kits that large...

I see no point at all in trying to raise a 2wd vehicle? whatever floats ur boat though...

Quick Reply: wants to lift truck