2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 09:26 PM
PotentPony
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans help

heres my problem, I have a 96 Ram 1500 4x4, I had the ABS light come on and stay on for a couple of weeks till I looked at the brakes. The truck drove fine and everything worked great at the time. I replaced the front pads cause they were pretty wore, well that didnt make the ABS light go out. My sister drove the truck and said it wouldnt shift into 3rd (drive). I test drove it and it shift from 1st to 2nd great but no 3rd. Didnt seem to slip or anything. I disconnected the battery to reset the ABS light for the meantime till I figure out the tranny, when I reconnected the battery, the truck wont hardly move at all.
any suggestions on what to check or replace or reprogram?
I did drop the pan and cleaned the magnet and check for anything broken, all looks good. I did also clean the lil sensor pointing down beside the filter and reinstalled with fresh fluid. Truck seems better but still limping.

Quick Reply: Trans help