2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power windows squeak loudly

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM
chromed95
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power windows squeak loudly

so my passenger power window whenever you roll it down, squeeks really f-ing loud! doesn't do it when you roll it up just when it goes down. picture the worst sound you've ever heard, then double it and that's how bad it is. the girl i took on a date the other night probably needs a hearing aid in her right ear now after she rolled it down haha (i should of warned her). i'm guessing the tracks need lubed or something. there's nothing scratching the window from i can see which is why it makes me think its the track. any ideas on what it might be or what to lube the tracks with that won't make a mess? thanks in advance!

by the way i bought some toyo open country all terrains 265 75 16 and it looks pretty darn good. and i've got a pro-tech mesh headache rack that i'm going to be putting on when i get time and i'm going to customize it with some LED lights so i'll put some pictures of it up as soon as its all done! it's going to look really sharp...a whole lot better than it looks now in the pictures i got!

Last edited by chromed95; 09-24-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

take your door panel off and get a piece of rubber hose to use as a stethoscope to isolate the sound. i would just use some high temp silicone brake grease (because i have a tub of it already).

Old 09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lithium grease.

Quick Reply: Power windows squeak loudly