2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck not level (left to right)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck not level (left to right)

hey guys,, got another wierd question for ya... i got my long arms, skyjacker 7 inch coils, and dana 60 front axle from a 99 2500 ram....

this truck sits kind anose heavy, but the truck sit driver side low... its almost like the springs are the worng rate, bot only one of them....

my dad did a articulation test... and now the passangers side sits nice and high, the way it should, but the driver side sits low.. low enough to have the wheel rub teh wheel well... but again, only on the drivers side...

any suggestions on whats wrong? or what ic na do to fix this

Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 AM
pcfixerpro
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on how old the kit is, yeah the spring could be worn in. Someone on here had that problem with their stock springs / leafs and I think they concluded that it was because the gas tank was on that side, the driver is on that side ect. - all the weight is on the drivers side and caused it to sag overtime. The important thing to ask is the truck that you got the stuff off of, did it lean? If it didn't, I would double check your setup on your truck. Make sure you have drop brackets installed for your pitman arm and track bar. If all of that is good and it were my truck, I would probably invest in a new set of coil springs and be done if it truely is a problem of spring sag. Post some pic's so we can see what your working with.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

i am bad posting pics.. but they are brand new skyjacker 7 " coil springs,, the truck hasent been down the road with them yet.. hasnt been together for maybe 3 months yet...

but i am going to try jut lifting the truck up, to like reset the coils.. because the truck now sits that way after my dad did the articulation test, and he lifted the passengers side tire, but then the dirviers sits low... i dont understand it

Old 09-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Aubrey
Record Breaker

Some of the kits have a left and right coil. You could have them on the wrong side.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
stroken76
Rookie

Dodge trucks from the factory and some lift kit companies have a different rate springs for the drivers side and passengers side. If you have a caliper to measure the coil size try that or swap sides with the spring and see what happens. Post what you find Im sure it will help others.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 AM
stroken76
Rookie

Aubrey beat me to it, I type with 2 fingers....

Old 09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it helps to type with 9 fingers.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The infamous Dodge lean. Almost all of them have it. The problem is that you have the weight of the battery and the gas tank on the driver's side and you probably drive alone more than not. All that weight on the driver's side causes the suspension to sag on that side sooner. Very common problem on these trucks.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM
meanwhitemopar
Record Breaker

well hate to bust everyones bubble, they are labled, and the springs are on the right side.. they are brand new springs, havent been in there maybe 5 miles worhtm and abut a month or two... so its not sagging.. just sitting wrong, and dont know why, someone on PS.com says it may be the tracbar... how can i chekc if my DTPROFAB tracbar is correct... i mean, its in, but its the only other thing i can think of causeing this...

Old 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Miami_Son
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You still have more weight on the driver's side than the passenger side.

Quick Reply: Truck not level (left to right)