2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Simple question, need an answer.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Miami_Son
at least i'll be warm and dry.

the only reason i mentioned that is because mohawk is in Pennsylvania and that means cold half the year with snow and ice for a good bit of that half of the year. i believe PA gets a good bit of rain as well. so the he wouldn't get to ride that often unless he likes frozen peanuts. that and you can't support my bumper ribbon on a bike.

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
whats the deal about a bike and the military?
when soldiers get stationed somewhere else they sell a lot of their stuff that they don't want to take with them.

Last edited by Sheriff420; 10-05-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 AM
dodge15004x45.9
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Plus the roads up here suck massive ***!!!

Old 10-05-2009, 02:39 AM
hirschy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to throw a wrench in the mix, what about a snowmobile?

just a thought if the roads suck.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:54 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Snowmobile you can only drive, at most, six months out of the year as well. Might as well get a bike.

I still say 408. Screw the gas mileage, we didn't buy our trucks for that anyway!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get a bike, a snow mobile and a 4 wheeler then you'll be covered year round.
or just get a hovercraft.
or a helicopter.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say 408 as well.

Let me start by saying I don't want this thread to turn into an argument about Safety issues, but this is the main point of my post.

I love bikes, don't get me wrong. I would have a big *** harley sitting in my garage any day of the week, but I assume PA is kinda like MO when looking at the level of respect that a Bike rider should get. I've spent some time down in FL, and Southern Texas, and down there bikes are respected. People are always watching for them. No one tailgates a motorcycle rider from what I have seen. However, up in my neck of the woods, bikes are commonly ignored. No one really watches for them, or respects their right to be on the road. It's not uncommon to see people ride up on a rider's *** just like they would any other vehicle. IMO, that's much much more dangerous on a bike rather than a car.

I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that just like a lot of other places, it's not warm all year round. I guess in the winter months people forget about bikes even existing, and then that very same train of thought carries through the summer months.

Something else that's always been a sort of golden rule around my area: "It's not a matter of IF you lay a bike down, but rather, it's when you lay one down."
That being said, I also know that most bike wrecks occur at very slow speeds.

All in all, what do you want most? A loud *** truck that can kill most brand new trucks on the road, or a crotch rocket?

Speaking of sport bikes, to those of you that own and ride them a lot: How in the hell do you think that's a comfortable ride?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
palerider9999
Rookie

Neither. Bikes are too dangerous and the 408 is not completely necessary unless you need bragging rights. I had the money a few years back for a Harley and one of my good buddies went down on his.. In my humble opinion: A vehicle is the worst investment a person can make. Constantly depreciating... I know it's a Harley, they don't loose value.. I've heard that before too.

UNLESS you plan on commuting regularly with the bike to justify the costs.. Do some light mods to the Dodge and bank the rest...

Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
Snowmobile you can only drive, at most, six months out of the year as well. Might as well get a bike.

I still say 408. Screw the gas mileage, we didn't buy our trucks for that anyway!
in antartica maybe... I live in buffalo and you can only get about 3 months a year out of a snowmobile....

Buy the bike and then sell it when you get bored of it in two years...thats what all my friends did.
Hell I had my bike out three times all year and thats only because a friend bought a Harley and wanted to ride... not that there not a BLAST I just never find the time or the friends to ride with myself.

And while I own a cruiser I have been told by many including my exgirlfriend that sportbikes are a more comfortable ride soo...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 10-05-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by palerider9999
Neither. Bikes are too dangerous and the 408 is not completely necessary unless you need bragging rights. I had the money a few years back for a Harley and one of my good buddies went down on his.. In my humble opinion: A vehicle is the worst investment a person can make. Constantly depreciating... I know it's a Harley, they don't loose value.. I've heard that before too.

UNLESS you plan on commuting regularly with the bike to justify the costs.. Do some light mods to the Dodge and bank the rest...
The 408 and the bike would be for fun not an investment that I would worry about it depreciating.

But thinking about the 408 more...id have to rebuild my back end completely and front end to take the 408 and i dont have the money for that. Unless i just want a built 408 sitting in the garage.

I could however(as it was suggested) get a cheaper bike and go with a cam and get another set of heads (miss mine btw). Still tough decison.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Weldor
Veteran

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
get a bike, a snow mobile and a 4 wheeler then you'll be covered year round.
or just get a hovercraft.
or a helicopter.
+1 on the hovercraft. I think a 408 build would be a lot more rewarding in the long run. How many sport bikes do you see around compared to 408 builds? The reason for that is people that want something stupid fast right of the box without putting in the wrench time. Its your choice but id take the rumble of a 408 over the murdercycle.

Quick Reply: Simple question, need an answer.